Why become a member? ×

Interview with Rhino from the quo!!

jezzaboy

Good interview with the man they call Rhino...

[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/status_quo_youve_got_to_be_prepared_to_be_told_to_f-ck_off.html"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/...o_f-ck_off.html[/url]

Jez

Good interview with a great player, but I wish he would have said more about the Judie Tzuke band.
OK, her voice isn't everyones' cup of tea, but the playing on the albums ("Road Noise" in particular) from Rhino was great !

What's there not to like in JT's voice? highly underrated singer at her prime and I liked Rhino's playing on her stuff too, even some fretless if memory serves. I'm off to see Tzuke next month. Saw her a few years back and wasn't expectying her voice to still be up to much but she was spot on.

[quote name='KevB' post='914749' date='Aug 4 2010, 11:38 AM']What's there not to like in JT's voice? highly underrated singer at her prime and I liked Rhino's playing on her stuff too, even some fretless if memory serves. I'm off to see Tzuke next month. Saw her a few years back and wasn't expectying her voice to still be up to much but she was spot on.[/quote]

I've [b][u]always[/u][/b] liked her voice, band(s), and music.
However, a couple of bands with female singers I was in didn't.
Probably jealousy :rolleyes:

I'll be buying "Road Noise" (again) as soon as it is on sale :-)

Remember, Rhino had to recreate some really good parts (esp fretless) from the likes of Mo Foster (get his book "17 and a half Watts" it's hilarious AND informative) etc. Not easy, but he managed really well, while injecting his own character too.

Did I say, I liked JT ?
I'm sure I did :)

I've met John a few times & he's a really nice guy - I was meant to be going to see Quo in Frankfurt this month, but splitting with the missus after ten years is proving expensive, so I've cancelled the trip :)

Not only was John's playing with Julie Tzuke excellent, but also with Dexy's Midnight Runners. He's a great all round bass player, is Mr.Edwards. If you get a chance to see his band, "Rhino's Revenge" or the trio he does with his two sons, "Woodedz", get out there and have a look. They're all great bands!

Rich :rolleyes:

[quote name='MSL' post='915142' date='Aug 4 2010, 05:03 PM']Play.com have it on sale, bit expensive though.

[url="http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/15784637/Road-Noise/Product.html"]Road Noise[/url][/quote]

Expensive? You should have seen the prices it was going for S/H when it was out of print!

• 2 weeks later...