Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from Glasgow!

JamieCooper91

Hey guys and girls.

Thought I should say hi instead of just lurking around on the forums behind the scenes, and say a little bit about myself...

Im 18 from just outside Glasgow, studying business at Strathclyde from September. I've been playing bass on and off for about two years, on and off as in I occasionally get loved up with my guitar and persevering with singing!

I play in an alternative rock band called Broken Indigo (although we might be changing our name) currently recording new demo’s, the only bass I have right now (and I don’t even have it because Mark is working his magic setting it up!) is a Fender MIM Precision bass. It’s midnight wine with a rosewood fretboard and SD Quarter Pound pickups.

My main influences are Radiohead, Placebo, NIN, Alice in Chains and RHCP. Would also like to add that I was right down the front last night at AiC and got two gorgeous plectrums from William and Jerry too!

Jamie

Allright Jamie, How you doing. I'm from near your side of the woods, East Kilbride. I haven't lived there for a while though, I've been in England for the last 10 years.

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll be hooked before long and that MIM Fender will soon be a USA one or possibly some other Bass that does the rounds on here.

Cheers for the warm welcome guys, I know i'll be staying!

And yeah it is a very nice Precision, the pickups really make a difference but I just love how indestructable it feels and just the feel of the bass. It's not been unknown for my headstock to meet with the cymbals at the more upbeat rehearsals!

I don't think I'll ever get rid of it tbh, it'll always have a purpose as a real workhorse and it's got too many memories tied up with it.

I have been looking around though for another bass for a bit more diversity and as a real backup. Most likely an American or Japanese Jazz, white or surf green with a maple neck (L)

Still im more in the market for pedals and amplification just now, or at least when I go back to uni and get my tasty loan and grant!