Why become a member? ×

18 volt basses

niceguyhomer

Hey matey,

Have a word with Jon - I know one of his own circuits is more power hungry than most - I understand it's a trade off for the design he has used. However, you might have a problem if it is a different preamp in there. Typically, I only need to change my batteries in my EMG circuit once a year. In fact, if they need it or not - I do what Dave 'OBBM' once suggested. He changes them on his birthday, so he doesn't forget!!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='913356' date='Aug 2 2010, 11:23 PM']Certainly not.
Unless you often leave it with the jack plugged in while not playing.[/quote]
Thats what I was gonna say... if you unplug it all the time, (duracell) they should last for AGES!! a year even,
though you can get those leads that have a "little disconnector" thing that will help, you have to make sure its plugged in properly.
but it also stops that awful "clunk" if youve forgetten to turn the master volume on your amp down!!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='913346' date='Aug 2 2010, 11:17 PM']....My Shuker needs two batteries - they only last about two months - always use Duracels ..is this typical of 18 volt basses?....[/quote]
You're playing too many notes!

I mentioned this the other day.

My 18v Retro 01 delux runs for months...ie, since November but my 9v will go through a batt in 2 weeks.
I may well have a short or it wasn't wired up correctly or may just be unlucky
but that is a massive difference on the face of it for the same pre.