Why become a member? ×

Hello hello.

ClaytonMUSE

I don't know how to make this interesting...

I'm 16, I'm from Manchester. I've been playing for about 7 or 8 months so I'm still practically a beginner, although I can play the riff to Hysteria by Muse a few of times before my hand craps out which is like a massive achievement for me because I'm a gigantic muse fan/devotee, hahaha.

I'm using a Peavey Millenium AC 4 BXP, good bass. Equipped with Stadium Elites standard gauge roundwounds, which I kind of regret buying, I only bought them because Chris from Muse used them (Yeah, obsession) and they not as bright and funky as I wanted, so I'm gonna change them one day soon.

I have a small 20 watt practice amp which I can't turn above 3, so I'm currently looking for a head and cab within the price range of like £400-£600 for small gigs i.e pubs, clubs, my college etc, like 400 Watts of power or something.

So, yeah hi. I'm already on Talkbass under the same username, I never even knew about bass chat until like 10 minutes ago.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I mainly play Muse, Radiohead, Incubus things like that. I'm really into music, I dislike Indie Rock alot, i.e Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, The Wombats, they're a big no-go for me. I'm into prog rock, funk rock, bits of metal, and I like listening to Frederic Chopin.

Edited by ClaytonMUSE

[quote name='mep' post='909734' date='Jul 29 2010, 10:27 PM']Hi
Get stuck in to the forum.[/quote]
Welcome to Basschat Clayton.

Check out the amps for sale - you should find something suitable with your funds available - in fact, there are about 3 or 4 setups available at the moment that would suit, all well within yr price range.