Why become a member? ×

SOLD!Warwick FNA 4-string 1999-

shantijoe

Hi All
thanks for the interest but no sale hence eBay. I've had a very good time recording this Vintage Warwick.
This [b]1999 German made Warwick FNA 4-string bass is in high-gloss burgundy finish[/b]. It is in excellent condition for a vintage instrument though some belt-buckle marks can be seen on the back (see photo) there are a couple of scratches on the rear upper egde and headstock. The controls are smooth and noiseless providing volume/treble/middle/bass boost through the active pre-amp. Currently set-up with Rotosound custom gauge strings for low action without any fret noise.The neck profile is slimmer/faster than recent Warwicks- similar to Jazz basses. This is in original vintage condition and will I include a Warwick gig bag.
I'm in rural N. Wales so viewing difficult but see the pics and send any questions,
thanks for looking bass brothers! joe

[b]Warwick FNA Specifications[/b]:
The body of the Warwick FNA bass is made of swamp ash with a book-matched flamed maple top. The combination of a 4-stripe ovangkol neck and wenge fingerboard with 24 brass-frets ensures the typical Warwick sound. The FNA is equipped with a passive MEC MM-style pickup and an active 3-way circuit which guarantees a phat sound.
Bolt-on neck
4-string
US Swamp Ash body with book-matched AA-Flamed Maple top
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Scale length: 34 inches (long scale)
24 frets
Passive MEC MM-style pickup with open pole pieces
3-way Active electronics (treble/middle/bass)
Finish: High Gloss Burgundy
Warwick tuners
2-piece Warwick bridge
Warwick security locks
Gold hardware
Warwick Just-A-Nut

Edited by shantijoe

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='904333' date='Jul 24 2010, 09:26 PM']too skint. Anybody with £450 spare not buying this is a bellend.
A f***ing steal gents. One of the nicest Warwicks ever made.[/quote]
Thanks Andy, I liked it so much I bought the Jazz version too but it was newer with the fat neck. Why did Warwick change such a cool neck profile?!
joe

• 2 months later...

[quote name='mojobass' post='994316' date='Oct 20 2010, 12:22 AM']Pm'd[/quote]
Hi Guys
Though this seems a bargain basement price it seems eBay is the next step. Warwicks seem to have gone out of fashion a bit these days don't they?
best wishes, joe