Why become a member? ×

TUNE early 80's active bass for sale.

OutToPlayJazz

Here we have a nice cheapie I picked up last week - An early TUNE bass from the 80's. It's got one hell of a powerful two band eq, huge exposed humbuckers and the smallest possible headstock - A bit like a Bass Collection Speakeasy model, only thinner at the top. The bass has a 34" scale and 25 frets. Yep, I kid you not!

Both Bassassin & I have been researching into this bass this week (thanks, Jon!) and the only model we can link it to is the current Tune Zi. I think this bass is an early prototype, personally.

The neck is like a standard Jazz neck & the finish is practically flawless for it's age. Ash body & a two piece bridge (a-la-Warwick). The sound is massive & this bass can do everything from heavy, pounding rock to fast fingerstyle funk. Output is huge on this bass. Not for the faint hearted! :)

Apologies for the re-use of other people's pictures in advance...

Price for this lovely little bass is [u][b]£250 or nearest offer[/b][/u]. I will throw in a gig bag with this bass & it has been restrung and thorughly well set up. New strings are the obligatory DR FatBeams 40-100.

Rich 07545 471037

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

This bass was mine some time ago,and it "smokes"at £250 it has to be the best bargain on here for sure!!!good luck with the sale.it's a giveaway!.

Edited by Bassilla

If is any help Rich,it's Definiteley post '87,they started the 25 fretters as a reaction/way to distinguish from the bass collections (with their mirror of the Tune headstocks etc.!!)
The Zi model came out in '88 with that shaped body (but with the rear cutaway and the re-appearance of the earlier slanted one piece bridge plus 3 p/ups!) Never seen one with that type of bridge before. The Tunes are great basses,good luck with the sale.