Why become a member? ×

Using effects at outdoor gigs

dumelow

Hey,

So I just bought a zoom b2.1u and it has a very bright, clear digital LED display. Not only do I need it to see what patch I'm using but its also a tuner. Ive got an outdoor gig coming up and with god on our side it will be sunny. I was playing with the pedal next to my window yesterday and the sun caught it and rendered the display useless.

Obviously im after something to shelter the pedal from the sun but I was wondering if anybody has already thought about it before me and has a good solution to my problem?

[quote name='dumelow' post='899767' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:08 AM']Hey,

So I just bought a zoom b2.1u and it has a very bright, clear digital LED display. Not only do I need it to see what patch I'm using but its also a tuner. Ive got an outdoor gig coming up and with god on our side it will be sunny. I was playing with the pedal next to my window yesterday and the sun caught it and rendered the display useless.

Obviously im after something to shelter the pedal from the sun but I was wondering if anybody has already thought about it before me and has a good solution to my problem?[/quote]

I had exactly this problem with a Zoom B2. I found that a cardboard loo roll tube fitted pretty much exactly over the circular display on the B2. Angle it right and you can still see the display while playing.

[quote name='simon1964' post='899854' date='Jul 20 2010, 11:47 AM']I had exactly this problem with a Zoom B2. I found that a cardboard loo roll tube fitted pretty much exactly over the circular display on the B2. Angle it right and you can still see the display while playing.[/quote]

Ill reckon ill give this one a try, might even go a step further and put some glitter and glue on it ;D

[quote name='dumelow' post='899779' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:27 AM']I just thought maybe blu-tac and some cocktail umbrellas might do the trick[/quote]

for me this is the winner!!! I shall be getting some Blu-Tac and Cocktail umbrellas in the very near future! :)

I had exactly this problem at an outdoor gig I did a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't see my tuner display at all - and if god's really on your side you'll need sunglasses so the effect will be multiplied. In the end, I wedged my bass flight case half open with a mic box and sat the tuner inside the case. Worked a treat. Not a sharp looking as cocktail umbrellas though I'll grant you.

Edited by holio.cornolio