Why become a member? ×

Warwick streamer LX

Al.B

Hi all, i have been toying with the idea of selling my Warwick streamer LX 4 string. Problem is i don't really know what to realistically expect it to fetch?? I bought it in 1999/2000 it is flamed maple, bolt on neck with gold hardware. It's a genuine German build , even the tuning heads say WEST Germany on them. I paid £1200 new could anyone inform me how much it's likely to be worth now.
many thanks.
Al.

Edited by Al.B

[quote name='Al.B' post='99767' date='Dec 5 2007, 06:28 PM']Hi all, i have been toying with the idea of selling my Warwick streamer LX 4 string. Problem is i don't really know what to realistically expect it to fetch?? I bought it in 1999/2000 it is flamed maple, bolt on neck with gold hardware. It's a genuine German build , even the tuning heads say WEST Germany on them. I paid £1200 new could anyone inform me how much it's likely to be worth now.
many thanks.
Al.[/quote]

Not alot, I had one very similar, hell it could have been my old one.

I would say £350-400 max. Warwick LX's have some of the worst resell values.

If it's in good general condition I would say it would fetch £500 easily.

These are superb sounding and playing basses. I don't really understand why they seem to have dropped in value recently. Even Streamer Stage I and II seem to be selling for remarkably low prices.

I have a 2004 one and I had toyed with selling it due to the bass stable being a bit overfull at the moment. It's a nice high gloss black finish which is an extra cost.

I think I'll just keep it though if I can. it's worth way more than £500 to me.

Good luck with selling anyway.

Frank

[quote name='Al.B' post='100194' date='Dec 6 2007, 01:26 PM']Thanks for the info guys. Like i said i was toying with the idea but i don't think i'll part with it for that kind of money. Looks like i'll have to buy another Bass as well :)[/quote]

Good decision. I certainly wouldn't like to part with mine for the silly money most Warwicks are fetching these days. Having read homers thread on the number of basses we all own, I think I'm really going to have to thin out the herd. I'll think about it for a while though. Next year. I promise...............

Good time to buy though? :huh:

Frank

Edited by machinehead

The second hand market for Warwick is all in the older models before they brought in so many of the CNC machines. I don't mind this as it means that people can pick up an amazing Warwick quality modern instrument at next-to-nothing prices on the 2nd hand market.

It's always hard when you pay RRP for a bass and the market has bottomed out when you come to sell.

The ball park figures for your bass (£500) have actually been generous as there have been a lot of NT Streamers going lately for £500 - £600, so a bolt-on is generally worth £100 - £200 less, so the £350 mark is probably closer (unless you just hit lucky and someone wants one in your colour/finish).

You are right to hold on to it as I'm sure resale values will pick up next year.