Why become a member? ×

Status graphite series 2000 headless 1987 for sale

wombatboter

Suffered from nostalgia a couple of weeks ago and suddenly this Status caught my eye on ebay.uk.
Looking for some new sound which would inspire me a bit (and always having been a Mark King-fan) I bought this from a musicstore in the UK (fourfour.uk who gave me a great service and a comforting phone call for the record).
I just have it for a week but although this is a great bass (and in a nearly new condition) it appeals less to me than I thought... My taste seems to have changed through the years and the graphite is less inspiring than I thought.
I'm putting this back for sale... it comes with a Status-flight case
Serial Number - ' 247 '
Year of Manufacture - 1987
Pickups - GMT Active
Body / Neck - One piece Carbon fibre with natural carbon finish (Rob Green says it's one of the first he moulded himself)
Really low action and a fast neck..
Case candy is included too with the necessary tools to use double ball or normal strings.
A local pick-up is possible (near Brussels in Belgium) or this can also be send..
I have bought and sold a couple of basses here on bass-chat and I believe that my feedback should be ok.
Asking for 1160 £ (which is less than I paid) (possible trades would be a Pedulla MVP4)
I'm using the pictures from the ebay auction since I'm a lousy photographer (the one with the flightcase is obviously taken by me :-))
For any more information feel free to contact me..
Thanks
Geert

Bump for a bass I have the same one of..(No:370 I think)
and after years being relegated to, in case/under the bed in the spare room, I've "rediscovered" it and use it all the time now. great guitar!!
IMO
W
good luck.....think about keeping it though :)

Stunner. I've had GAS for one of these since getting a quick shot on a mate's in 1986 - he said "god-like, isn't it?". It was.

If I had £1160 I'd have your arm off, but since I don't (and you probably don't want to trade for a bunch of JapCrap) I'll just look at the pics and drool. And probably cry a bit.

Jon.

Why does this make me really angry that someone bid it up and up and up, then doesn't want it? now the percieved value has risen - again - and everyone else who has a Status under the bed will automatically think it's worth minimum £1000, unlike the handful that have sold on ebay in the last few years for between 500-800... Seems as soon as I actually had the dosh to buy an all-graphite Status, they get bumped up again, and the likelihood of getting a good deal is getting near impossible now. I bet the guy who got the worn S2 off ebay last year for £450 is laughing his head off right now.

Sorry for that.... actually I was a bit caught by ebay-fever ànd I forgot to make the necessary calculating from pounds to euros (with a smaller difference compaired with a year ago).
I also wished it would have pleased me more (I'm not to keen on throwing away money on basses which I don't use a lot) but as it is I get punished a bit since I paid more than I'm asking now.
Luckily I didn't have to make financial sacrifices and this isn't the end of the world if it doesn't get sold but it would be nice to have something else which would inspire me more since that's what basses are supposed to do.
This wasn't bought to pass through but unfortunately not everything has the right "yes"

[quote name='MB1' post='898226' date='Jul 18 2010, 05:44 PM']MB1. :)
Looks like Rich is the ...Twenty Four Seven ...Status Guy!
Get it Bought Rich! :rolleyes: ...have Previously had one and this looks like a fine example!
BUMP![/quote]
eh up MB,
A lot less road worn than mine innit?
still a great basso profundis eh?
and, now, being used a lot ....stingray (fretted) in its box these days
I wish my one had the little LED on it though! only for the pose value....

like the JD!
W

Got some offers (including some non-Bass-chat-scammers with that message that they'll send a check but that they need my zip-code first after which a boat is going to pick it up, blabalabla...) but it remains for sale.
Thanks for the feedback so far..

[quote name='robocorpse' post='897498' date='Jul 17 2010, 07:01 PM']Why does this make me really angry that someone bid it up and up and up, then doesn't want it? now the percieved value has risen - again - and everyone else who has a Status under the bed will automatically think it's worth minimum £1000, unlike the handful that have sold on ebay in the last few years for between 500-800... Seems as soon as I actually had the dosh to buy an all-graphite Status, they get bumped up again, and the likelihood of getting a good deal is getting near impossible now. I bet the guy who got the worn S2 off ebay last year for £450 is laughing his head off right now.[/quote]

It might make you angry (you actually make yourself angry) but why shouldn't somebody be allowed to bid on something 'in the moment'.

Seems to me you're easily angered