Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision American 1979

loudandclear

Really Nice Precision for sale. I bought this as original but have since found out that there is some doubt about the pick up so am basing this on the pick up being non original. I therefore bought a 1979 pick up from ebay and proceeded to try and fit it . After messing up the wiring I gave up and thats where we are at. The bass buzzes when switched on but did work before I went to work on it. The only other thing changed was the jack input as the last was looking a bit iffy. So what you have is a 1978 Precision all original except pick up and jack - It will be sold with the 1979 pick up so with a bit of attention to the wiring and fitting the new pick up will be a really nice bass. It really is a player, the action is low, it is not heavy (10lbs by bathroom scales - really surprised at this as it feels less) looks lovely.
Bearing in mind all of the above For sale @ £750 with Pick up - does not have a case but I can pack and deliver for £20 (will be very well packed) - paypal will be + fees - not looking for trades and if it doesnt sell for this I will keep it and get it sorted myself so no offers. Comments welcome

Many thanks

[attachment=54319:DSC01996.JPG]

[attachment=54320:DSC01998.JPG]

[attachment=54325:DSC02005.JPG]

[attachment=54326:DSC02007.JPG]

[quote name='Clarky' post='895737' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:08 PM']Now that sir is a bargain. Precision wiring is very easy to sort out and 10lb is not heavy for a late 70s P. Good luck with the sale but I don't think you will need luck![/quote]

Thank you very much - yes Precision wiring is easy - still beyond me though!!

PM'd You

[quote name='loudandclear' post='895734' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:05 PM']Really Nice Precision for sale. I bought this as original but have since found out that there is some doubt about the pick up so am basing this on the pick up being non original. I therefore bought a 1979 pick up from ebay and proceeded to try and fit it . After messing up the wiring I gave up and thats where we are at. The bass buzzes when switched on but did work before I went to work on it. The only other thing changed was the jack input as the last was looking a bit iffy. So what you have is a 1978 Precision all original except pick up and jack - It will be sold with the 1979 pick up so with a bit of attention to the wiring and fitting the new pick up will be a really nice bass. It really is a player, the action is low, it is not heavy (10lbs by bathroom scales - really surprised at this as it feels less) looks lovely.
Bearing in mind all of the above For sale @ £750 with Pick up - does not have a case but I can pack and deliver for £20 (will be very well packed) - paypal will be + fees - not looking for trades and if it doesnt sell for this I will keep it and get it sorted myself so no offers. Comments welcome

Many thanks

[attachment=54319:DSC01996.JPG]

[attachment=54320:DSC01998.JPG]

[attachment=54325:DSC02005.JPG]

[attachment=54326:DSC02007.JPG][/quote]