Why become a member? ×

Band Audition! Tomorrow! HELP!!!!

teen t-shirt

[quote name='MIJ-VI' post='895883' date='Jul 15 2010, 07:12 PM']My comment was offered as statement, not an inference. I'm on your side.

I used to receive puzzled looks when I first played a bass with more than four strings--back in '84.[/quote]

no sorry i didnt take offence sorry if it came across that way it wasnt supposed to i understand your all on my side :)

[quote name='bassmanAzz' post='895878' date='Jul 15 2010, 07:04 PM']Sorry to hear mate. Something will come up thats right.
Bullsh*t bands do my head in :)[/quote]

yeah i've gone on the search already for something new hopefully something should come up eventually!
i know tell me about it they advertised they were in a studio near watton, yeah they were in watton but said studio was a sh*tty porta cabin i could barely get into with out tripping over stuff.
oh well live and learn.

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='895893' date='Jul 15 2010, 02:26 PM']no sorry i didnt take offence sorry if it came across that way it wasnt supposed to i understand your all on my side :)[/quote]

:rolleyes:

After this disappointing audition your next one is less likely to be fraught with jitters.

Have you checked out any on-line jam/collaboration sites similar to the ones mentioned in this thread?:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630261"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630261[/url]

[quote name='MIJ-VI' post='896103' date='Jul 15 2010, 11:07 PM']:)

After this disappointing audition your next one is less likely to be fraught with jitters.

Have you checked out any on-line jam/collaboration sites similar to the ones mentioned in this thread?:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630261"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630261[/url][/quote]

no i havent i will do though thankyou, also you'll be pleased to hear i'm waiting to hear from a hard rock band who do originals and covers and are local and looking for a bassist and singer so i'm hoping i could fill both spots and i've listened to there stuff its very proffessional so i have high hopes for this one, will let you know what they say :rolleyes:

thanks everyone for all your advice though :lol:

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='896147' date='Jul 15 2010, 07:35 PM']no i havent i will do though thankyou, also you'll be pleased to hear i'm waiting to hear from a hard rock band who do originals and covers and are local and looking for a bassist and singer so i'm hoping i could fill both spots and i've listened to there stuff its very proffessional so i have high hopes for this one, will let you know what they say :)

thanks everyone for all your advice though :rolleyes:[/quote]

Originals? Good!

heard back from a band who are my age, who do rock covers and have a audition tomorrow, got the setlist prepared and i'm ready i know the material inside out, meeting them about 1:30 these guys seem alot more promising and assure me they have a practice room so i feel more confident about this one its more local too i will let you know how it all goes, if this one fails though i have 2 more lined up who want to see me :rolleyes: honestly a week ago i couldnt find anything now i'm having to turn bands away cos i have auditions lined up already lol :)

well you be sorry to hear that these guys f***ed me over as well, i was supposed to meet the lead guitarist and then he would take me to the practice room, well i arrived at the meeting point punctually, (10 minutes early) i then proceeded to wait for 20 minutes with no sign and then tried ringing him and got no reply as his phone was switched off, i then proceeded to check my facebook on my phone and he had left a message on my wall at 25 minutes past the time i was supposed to meet him telling me to wait another half an hour i proceeded to tell him he had blown it and would not be in further contact with him...
talking to another band now lets hope its 3rd time lucky...
i feel cursed to be honest...

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='900502' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:30 PM']well you be sorry to hear that these guys f***ed me over as well, i was supposed to meet the lead guitarist and then he would take me to the practice room, well i arrived at the meeting point punctually, (10 minutes early) i then proceeded to wait for 20 minutes with no sign and then tried ringing him and got no reply as his phone was switched off, i then proceeded to check my facebook on my phone and he had left a message on my wall at 25 minutes past the time i was supposed to meet him telling me to wait another half an hour i proceeded to tell him he had blown it and would not be in further contact with him...
talking to another band now lets hope its 3rd time lucky...
i feel cursed to be honest...[/quote]

Please persevere.., and keep a record of all the duds you're encountering in case you run into them later.

[quote name='MIJ-VI' post='900527' date='Jul 20 2010, 09:56 PM']Please persevere.., and keep a record of all the duds you're encountering in case you run into them later.[/quote]

oh trust me i'm remembering there faces :lol: as i construct the hitlist of bastards who have ever f***ed me over... :)

but they were just 16 and 17 yrs old this band today this other one i have lined up are alot older so hoping there a bit more proffessional... fingers crossed anyway :rolleyes:

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='900531' date='Jul 20 2010, 05:01 PM']oh trust me i'm remembering there faces :lol: as i construct the hitlist of bastards who have ever f***ed me over... :rolleyes:

but they were just 16 and 17 yrs old this band today this other one i have lined up are alot older so hoping there a bit more proffessional... fingers crossed anyway :lol:[/quote]

Hmm... Teenage boys with the temporal acuity of a ferret...

well then. Just consider yourself to be something of a Big Brother. :)

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='900502' date='Jul 20 2010, 09:30 PM']...he had left a message on my wall at 25 minutes past the time i was supposed to meet him telling me to wait another half an hour...[/quote]

I laughed at this. Who in their right mind would think "I need to get an urgent message to someone as I am running late. It is important that they pick this message up immediately. I know, I'll [i]write on their Facebook wall[/i]."

Derp.

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:10 AM' post='900728']
I laughed at this. Who in their right mind would think "I need to get an urgent message to someone as I am running late. It is important that they pick this message up immediately. I know, I'll [i]write on their Facebook wall[/i]."

haha yep.. ridiculous! what is wrong with people today!?

peace

c

[quote name='Tinman' post='900700' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:15 AM']Keep at it Fredster - it'll come good in the end mate :)[/quote]

Trust me pete i am this 3rd band ive got lined up are really similar to RWS so im feeling a bit more hopefull about it ill keep you posted! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='900728' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:10 AM']I laughed at this. Who in their right mind would think "I need to get an urgent message to someone as I am running late. It is important that they pick this message up immediately. I know, I'll [i]write on their Facebook wall[/i]."

haha yep.. ridiculous! what is wrong with people today!?

peace

c[/quote]

I know freaking tell me about it the guy had time to write on my wall but not to turn his f***ing phone on and call me to let me know, some people just infuriate me...

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='901075' date='Jul 21 2010, 04:59 PM']Trust me pete i am this 3rd band ive got lined up are really similar to RWS so im feeling a bit more hopefull about it ill keep you posted! :)

I know freaking tell me about it the guy had time to write on my wall but not to turn his f***ing phone on and call me to let me know, some people just infuriate me...[/quote]

Remember way back when you were worried about auditioning and I said

[quote name='OldGit' post='895328' date='Jul 15 2010, 08:19 AM']Oh and another thing, judging by many posts on here about unreliable musicians, if you show up at all you'll be the exception :rolleyes:

If you show up at the agreed time (or just before), with working gear, working ears and a good attitude you'll be a long way ahead ...[/quote]

Now you know what I was on about .....

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='900581' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:49 PM']well i've gotten in contact with the other one and am in the process of arranging to meet them late next week and they do more of the type of stuff i want to do stuff that will actually challenge me!

anyway i'll keep you all irritatingly updated through out the process :)[/quote]

Where are the irritating posts?