Why become a member? ×

5 String Jazz Bass Type Thing

Rumple

[quote name='henry norton' post='1329758' date='Aug 6 2011, 11:52 AM']Holy Mothers! that looks fantastic. I'd be well impressed with that on any level but knowing I had a bit of an input makes me feel right proud :) The finishers have done a nice job too - bursts are difficult to do at the best of times but black on white is one of the trickiest to get right. You must be well pleased.[/quote]

Cheers it is a bit special :) you underplay your involvement though, it was crucial, without a excellent neck that fitted perfectly it would have been pointless taking the build all the way to completion.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='1329955' date='Aug 6 2011, 02:57 PM']Very nice! Great colour. The whole package looks wonderful. Well done![/quote]

Thank you, I had a look at your build diary today, I didn't notice it before, is it finished? another great Jazz 5! I couldn't see a pic of the whole bass, maybe I mised it.

[quote name='Rumple' post='1329959' date='Aug 6 2011, 04:03 PM']Thank you, I had a look at your build diary today, I didn't notice it before, is it finished? another great Jazz 5! I couldn't see a pic of the whole bass, maybe I mised it.[/quote]

So very nearly...I'm waiting for some files to arrive so I can sort out the nut and finish the setup. Then it will done and then I can take pictures!

• 1 month later...

Little update:

Last night a mate and I re worked the wiring using the old Varitone plate but replacing the Varitone element with a standard tone pot and changing the switches with a couple of better quality ones.

So now it's wired:

Standard VVT 250k pots with an Series/Parallel switch and an On/Off switch that cuts the output to the jack.

Sounds pretty good and the S1 style switch bring an added thump to the normal Jazz tone.