Why become a member? ×

Set Ups in Somerset

silentbob

I have had a couple of basses repaired and set up by Jon Kinkade in Kingsdown, Bristol (a google search should get you his details).

He actually hand builds acoustic guitars, but did an excellent job. I don't know how much he'd charge for a set up because my costs included repair work, but they both played wonderfully afterwards.

Hope this helps.

There's Kim Webber who's based in Bridgwater who is a luthier as well, I've used him a few times and he's always been spot on.

[url="http://www.kimwebberguitars.co.uk/"]KWG[/url]

Other than that, Strings & Things in Bridgwater do set ups as well for like £30 and they're pretty good too.

[quote name='Josh' post='894824' date='Jul 14 2010, 04:18 PM']There's Kim Webber who's based in Bridgwater who is a luthier as well, I've used him a few times and he's always been spot on.

[url="http://www.kimwebberguitars.co.uk/"]KWG[/url]

Other than that, Strings & Things in Bridgwater do set ups as well for like £30 and they're pretty good too.[/quote]

Thanks for the replys.
Phoned Strings n Things this afternoon and they seemed a little vague, but if they're ok then i'll probably pop in on Friday. Also phoned Jaywalk guitars in Street, anybody used these guys before?
Does anybody know where Dom in Somerset works?
I phoned Kim Webber once to ask about replacing a nut on a bass, he quoted me £20 on the phone so i took the bass to him, only to find out when i got there that the cost had increased to £30, and that he wouldn't fit the nut without also doing a set-up which was another £60 on top. He may be highly recommended, but he won't be seeing any of my cash.

[quote name='silentbob' post='895093' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:10 PM']Thanks for the replys.
Phoned Strings n Things this afternoon and they seemed a little vague, but if they're ok then i'll probably pop in on Friday. Also phoned Jaywalk guitars in Street, anybody used these guys before?
Does anybody know where Dom in Somerset works?
I phoned Kim Webber once to ask about replacing a nut on a bass, he quoted me £20 on the phone so i took the bass to him, only to find out when i got there that the cost had increased to £30, and that he wouldn't fit the nut without also doing a set-up which was another £60 on top. He may be highly recommended, but he won't be seeing any of my cash.[/quote]

Ahh sorry to hear about that man.

I hope you can get it sorted soon.

You've probably got more than enough leads now but Mansons in Exeter is always a joy to visit if you are into guitar/bass ,and does a good job and there is a guitar tech at Westside music in Taunton (who actually showed me how to set my neck up)