Why become a member? ×

Double gigbag recommendations wanted please.

[quote name='OldGit' post='889955' date='Jul 8 2010, 10:41 PM']I really like my Ibanez one
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_double_bag_trolley_ebass.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_double_bag_trolley_ebass.htm[/url][/quote]

That does look really good. I'll have a look around to see if they're available over here.

Thanks !

I use these a lot!
On second one in twelve months, both had the stiching go that holds the zip on the bottom the bag where most of the weight is
have always carried 2 jazz basses
Warwick deluxe bag lasted a good while, then got a fender bag and the stitching has now started to go

I need a good bag!

T

I'd vote for Levys.

Brought a CM88 (don't know if it's still a current model but there's bound to be an updated version) probably around 12 years ago. Still got it, still absolutely bullet proof. The only damage over the years is a missing zip tag thing that got pulled off somewhere in time. Replaced it, happy days again.

Really can't recommend the Levys bag enough. It wasn't cheap at the time but my word, it's been the best investment I've ever made. Including those bloody BP shares! :)

T

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='890124' date='Jul 9 2010, 09:15 AM']I meant double gig bags, not the mono!
Strap locks left on your bass don't help, as I found out![/quote]
The Mono is really heavy duty - it's got unique left hand/right hand zips - there's a video on YouTube. It might be too expensive for the OP at £200 though. Feels safe enough to house my modded Sadowsky and custom built Fender...

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='889770' date='Jul 8 2010, 06:58 PM']Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced double gigbag ?

Not too expensive !

But good quality.[/quote]

Given that these conditions are subjective and somewhat mutually exclusive :) ... I can say that at £70 ish from Thomann the Ibanez certainly meets the price criteria. It's pretty tough and secure, 3 years of regular use and no zip or stitching issues yet.

It's a bit heavy when full (but has wheels and a good selection of handles) and the pockets are tempting so lots goes in them ...

However it score highly on value for money.

[quote name='OldGit' post='890157' date='Jul 9 2010, 09:56 AM']Given that these conditions are subjective and somewhat mutually exclusive :) ... I can say that at £70 ish from Thomann the Ibanez certainly meets the price criteria. It's pretty tough and secure, 3 years of regular use and no zip or stitching issues yet.

It's a bit heavy when full (but has wheels and a good selection of handles) and the pockets are tempting so lots goes in them ...

However it score highly on value for money.[/quote]

Yes, I think the Ibanez has the edge.

Thanks !

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='890335' date='Jul 9 2010, 12:37 PM']That Ibanez looks like a good option, I think I will try it next
My bag does get hammered, and like I said earlier, leaving pointy strap locks on doesn't help

Tony[/quote]

Small blocks of polystyrene taped in with Gaffa should sort that problem, specially if you do it from new.

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='890335' date='Jul 9 2010, 12:37 PM']That Ibanez looks like a good option, I think I will try it next
My bag does get hammered, and like I said earlier, leaving pointy strap locks on doesn't help

Tony[/quote]

I'm guilaty as anyone for leaving straps fitted to my bass, with the pointy locking bit :) .

Ive had a Fender Deluxe double gig bag for about 18 months. It seems well made and only costs £49 but my god is it impossible to use.

The way the shoulder strap is designed means the pad on it sits in front of your shoulder, leaving the metal digging right in to your shoulder bone.
Maybe one day ill figure out how to use it in a practical way but for now its great for storage.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='890545' date='Jul 9 2010, 04:16 PM']Ive had a Fender Deluxe double gig bag for about 18 months. It seems well made and only costs £49 but my god is it impossible to use.

The way the shoulder strap is designed means the pad on it sits in front of your shoulder, leaving the metal digging right in to your shoulder bone.
Maybe one day ill figure out how to use it in a practical way but for now its great for storage.[/quote]

Did you not read the user manual?

:)