Why become a member? ×

is there something better than Sadowsky Metro at 1000£ used?

fede162162

Hello everybody.

most of you here have much more experience than me,and maybe you know a JAZZ BASS which can outgun a Sadowsky Metro in passive mode?

I have a wonderful Sadowsky MV4. I'm extremely happy with it. In active mode it's the perfect bass,whereas I've heard better basses in passive mode(obviously the're not cheap either).

Anyway, a couple friends of mine want to buy it from me,and I always said "no" because I tought there is no better bass than Sadowsky metro for a grant on themarket of used basses.

But..is that true?

[quote name='chris_b' post='889605' date='Jul 8 2010, 03:40 PM']You already own it, you're very happy with it and you'll probably have to spend more than £1000 to get a better bass, so I'd keep it![/quote]

yes..agree.

If you are asking are their better basses than that around for that money..then there most probably are, but you have to come across it, so if you are happy with your bass then why look elsewhere on a whim..!!!

I only use passive for a backup mode and even though I have a Tone hammer for this, I am confident that both my gigging basses run very well in passive. In fact, I do sometimes do this just to change things round a bit..and I find the EQ a tad more subtle. There are times when this is desirable and others when not.

I wouldn't sell that bass if it does all you need..just because there might be something better...

I would think my bass would be better...but tone is subjective enough, anyway..but I wouldn't sell it as it would cost me far more to better it..IMV.

I think Sadowsky metro's are incredible value on the second hand market! Especially considering the current price for a new one! (almost £2000)

My metro is stunning and im so glad i never sold it! I was tempted just like you are mate, trust me you have one hell of a bass, why would you want to change that??? :)

Oddly enough I had a Metro PJ and sold it to find something that sounded better in passive mode; much like yourself. I subsequently bought a 2009 USA P bass with Nordstrands (added J pup) and it mops the floor with how I remember the Metro sounded 'in passive' BUT I now realise I just happen to prefer active basses; I'd happily have an active bass over a passive and I'm not so hung up on ensuring that I have a passive bass for my band. In fact if my P bass doesn't go at the end of the month to someone who's showed interest, then I'm considering sourcing a 2nd hand Sado or similar quality circuit and dropping it in the P bass. :)