Why become a member? ×

DINGWALL ABII 5-string *SOLD*

JonnyM

This is just a feeler right now, for my Dingwall ABII, which was a "show bass" for Winter NAMM 2008.

Specs:
Scale length: 37" - 34"
Aguilar OBP-1 18volt electronics, (switchable passive/active)
Body wood: Walnut
Top wood: Bear Claw Quilted Maple with Bubinga contrast layer (aka the X-Top Package)
Neck wood: 5-piece Bubinga
High Gloss body finish
Weight: 8lbs 12oz (3.97kg)

Comes with a Levys-design Dingwall gigbag and a Hipshot Xtender on the B-string (I regularly de-tune it to an A...awesome!), full set of Dingwall tools. The battery cover on the back is signed by Michael Manring which you may consider to be good or bad...

I could go one about the even string tension, monster sound, but... suffice to say, this is cracking bass and I'm teetering on the edge of selling/not selling... The pics don't do it justice :)

Price: £2100, pref. collection from London[b] *SOLD* [/b]

(The [b]only[/b] trades I might be interested in: another Dingwall - an SJ5 or Z1 Black&Maple...)

Edited by JonnyM

I really need to stop hanging around in the For Sale section. I simply don't have enough money to pay for all the beautiful instruments I've seen lately and this is a real beauty.

Good luck with the sale (if it becomes more than a feeler). Just lovely.

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='889094' date='Jul 7 2010, 11:03 PM']gorgeous - how can you part with it?[/quote]

Thanks everyone and TBH, I'm not sure I do want to part with it!

Have added trades to the OP: Dingwalls only though...

Edited by JonnyM

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='890946' date='Jul 9 2010, 11:26 PM']Not a fan but you can't mistake that kind of quality.[/quote]

Fair do's... and Dingwalls can be a bit "Marmite", but once you've played one... :)