Why become a member? ×

Glee

tom1946

I've found a geddy lee on the interenet and it had the bridge cover fitted to it.
Now I know they don't fit so I emailed him asking how it was done and got this reply:

[i]Hello there Tom, thanks for your interest in the bass.
The bridge was moved forward half an inch to make the cover fit. I did enquire into this with the tech guy at my local shop before anything was done. He was confident that it would not be a problem due to size, versitility and adjustability of the Badass bridge. It has served me fine like that for over 2 years with no dead spots or any other issues.
Once again, thanks for the interest.
[/i]

Does moving the bridge matter? I would think it would as it alters the scale length doesn't it? Will it make a big difference?

/discuss

Don't have one handy to measure, but from memory there should be enough play on the saddles to move the bridge by around half an inch. I would guess the E string saddle will be fairly close to the end of it's run but, as long as it intonates, then I can't see why it'd be a problem. It shouldn't be a difficult thing to change back if you decided to, just unscrew the bridge and screw it back into the original holes.