Why become a member? ×

Should I sell my markbass cabs for barefaced?

gafbass02

Can't see the point of a one cab solution being ..err two cabs.

I only use 1x12" for quiet rehearsals but then I am very picky about sound, projection, tone and frequency range.
If your 15" and 12 " cabs have the range that you want, than that is a question for you.

[quote name='JTUK' post='881275' date='Jun 29 2010, 07:36 PM']Can't see the point of a one cab solution being ..err two cabs.

I only use 1x12" for quiet rehearsals but then I am very picky about sound, projection, tone and frequency range.
If your 15" and 12 " cabs have the range that you want, than that is a question for you.[/quote]

I'm not sure if this is to me or the OP?

If it's for me - I don't want a one cab solution. I like the situation where I can take either cab to most gigs and the 1 x 12 for handiness at rehearsals OR a pub gig, and have two cabs for bigger gigs. (Which isn't that often, but I have the gear if I need it)

A one cab solution is all very well but a lot of the time for me, it would be far more than I need. (Assuming I had one cab rated at 4 ohms with multiple speakers)

The Compact would always be my first choice as a single cab but sometimes I play in quite tight spaces and the Midget is perfect in that situation. People wonder where all the noise is coming from. :rolleyes:

"........but then I am very picky about sound, projection, tone and frequency range."
Me too. That's why I went with Barefaced. :)

Frank.

[quote name='JTUK' post='881055' date='Jun 29 2010, 03:34 PM']Keep the cabs and get a car. All this schepping around without your own transport is nuts.

I wouldn't compromise a cab just for size if it didn't do the job I wanted it to.[/quote]
That's just not feasible for some people, I'm afraid. Sometimes a compromise is necessary :)