Why become a member? ×

Ampeg BA115

Musicman20

Ive been using a practice rooms Ampeg BA115, and im VERY impressed with it for the cost and 100W it produces.

With an American Precision, it really 'works'. I dont usually get on amazingly well with Ampeg, but this really works well. Im impressed. I cannot believe how cheap it is and how loud it gets. It competes with a drummer, 2 guitarists and vocalist with ease.

Anyone else tried one?

It tilts back as well.

PMT had them on offer a while back a while back and I quite fancied a punt. The salesman seemed quite keen for me to try it until I told him that I played in a loud rock band and had to keep up with a powerful drummer and a guitarist with a 100w Hughes and Kettner Switchblade amp into a 4x12.

"It's gonna struggle to be heard" he said and walked off leaving me just looking at it.

Probably as well as I have to run two 4x10's to keep up :)

Great for rehearsal and VERY small gigs, but if being considered as a gig-rig, I´d look elsewhere as I found the two I´ve played well underpowered (even literally-my old Fender Rumble 100 was much louder).
At low volume, these things fill up a room with a nice ´round´ sound. And they look like Ampeg´s should.
They are great value when one can find them cheap.

Avoid the BA112 like the proverbial though, really only fit for bedroom jamming or ornamental use.

Of all the Ampeg combos around I would definately try to get a B100/200R Rocket amps.
Serious volume, punch, clarity and sounds like a late 60´s/early 70´s Ampeg combo!
Though I understand they´ve now been discontinued, a shame as I think they were Ampeg´s best kept secret!

Another sign that LOUD have stopped making sense where Ampeg are concerned.
Still, hoping the Micro VR set-up sounds great for rehearsal and small gigs...

Edited by basshead56