Why become a member? ×

Does any one have any experience with.....

tayste_2000

Check the early threads (and later ones) in the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=73"]Barefaced sub forum.[/url] Barefaced cabs are all about the Kappalite neos.

Not sure about the 3015L though, there is 3015LF with is a sub driver and not suitable for a bass cab without a dedicated midrange speaker, and the 3015HO (often without the HO) which is high output, suitable for standalone (which is what you would want). Googling 3015L gives me some overseas pages, but the specs listed there is for the 3015 [HO]. As far as I know, neither come in 4 ohm.

Jeff did mention crossing over at 700hz when my guitarist spoke to him, which would be the right sort of place to cross over the 3015LF if you were using it in a bass cab.

Basically, Alex Claber is the speaker nerd, and he uses them, so they are probably the best available. The chap that does Acme cabs also uses a custom version, and those possibly come in 4 ohm versions, so a custom 4 ohm version is possible.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='874154' date='Jun 22 2010, 09:28 AM']Are they doom though?[/quote]

If you have enough of them. As well as some other speakers.

Bah, can't make the image embed, but [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46789&view=findpost&p=525196"]see here.[/url]

Might just open this up then what 4ohm 15 is a good buy for a 2x15 that you want to be super big in the low end, not fussed about the highs (they can be there is they need to be but I certainly don't want it sparkly) I want to maintain an aggressive tone to it. I don't want to use the term punchy but I do want it to hit you so tight and responsive might be a better description.

Basically
4ohm Driver
Low freq response
High Sensitivity
At least 300w power handling
Ideally Neo but a good sounding neo :)

Why does it have to be 4 ohm? You are going to be sacrificing a fair bit for that, and since I am fairly sure you are all valve amp, there isn't a power loss issue. If it is for chaining multiple cabs, are you stuck with the old 'no 16 ohm tap' issue? Maybe a series/paralell switch to match it would be the way, since you have pretty limited options for 4ohm drivers.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='874409' date='Jun 22 2010, 01:57 PM']Why does it have to be 4 ohm? You are going to be sacrificing a fair bit for that, and since I am fairly sure you are all valve amp, there isn't a power loss issue. If it is for chaining multiple cabs, are you stuck with the old 'no 16 ohm tap' issue? Maybe a series/paralell switch to match it would be the way, since you have pretty limited options for 4ohm drivers.[/quote]

Ideally I want to run it with my 8ohm 4x10 (ontop) meaning a 4 ohm load or a 16ohm load meaning it works with all my amps.

This ohmage also means I can mix and match my cabs a fair bit between all the amps.

Might just forget the idea and get another 2x12 made.

Celestion Green Label? The BN15-300X is a neo 4ohm 15", looks just the ticket:

[quote]Not every player wants a super-clean, high-fidelity bass sound. Characterised by an extended low end and greater linear excursion, Green Label speakers push out every note with a rich, warm tone and a powerful low-end thump.
Available with Ferrite or Neodymium magnets, Green Label speakers are primed for high-powered rock performances, where a full-bodied, warm, defined tone is essential.[/quote]

[url="http://professional.celestion.com/bass/green/index.asp"]http://professional.celestion.com/bass/green/index.asp[/url]

Edited by dannybuoy

not the same speaker but i use a kappa pro 15a and that sounds awesome by itself - 8 ohm though, dont know if you can get a 4ohm?

only thing i've found is that i want a couple 10's to sit on top of it, due to playing gigs through 410s recently, i need the attack, but for bass freqs its awesome!