Why become a member? ×

PRE EB 1978 STINGRAY FOR SALE

Music Ian

So.. Yes, It is with great reluctancy that I have decided to part way with an instrument I was sure I'd die with It is without doubt the coolest guitar I have ever had and am absolutely distraught that I have to shift it but I just cant afford to have such an asset and be struggling so much day to day, it just makes no sense. So it is regrettable to say that in order to fund my sw***y student lifestyle, i must sell my '78 Pre Eb Stingray (B008...)

Asking price is 1500

It is black on black, maple, a bit beaten, certainly been played a fair bit, all original parts, nut is cracked and certainly needs replacing, everything else is good to go, can be heard on a recent spotify session that will be out in the next couple of weeks. I know all is original including hardcase as it has only ever been in my family, I got this from my dad.

Just to reiterate this is not a collectors item, it isn't meant to be stared at, its supposed to make noise and that it does beautifully. Open to part ex offers and such, any questions please don't hesitate..

Cheers

Have added pictures of the nut as well as some full length ish pictures. this is the best i can do at the moment as the only camera i have really is integrated into a desktop pc.

Ben

Edited by Music Ian

I cant beleive its still for sale MusicIan,Maybe its got too much mojo and a little bit of a clean will leave it looking better but with a hint of its gigging past left in the areas that cant be sorted without a refin.It would be such a shame for someone to refinish it completeley,Good luck lets see some pictures after the cleanup :)

[quote name='wesfinn' post='871877' date='Jun 19 2010, 04:36 PM']maybe just let this thread go back to Music Ian trying to sell his bass. Lovely looking stingray. Let him sell it at what ever price he wishes. good luck with the sale[/quote]

well said, plus the one

[quote name='Music Ian' post='871408' date='Jun 19 2010, 01:23 AM']Need money bump :)[/quote]
Ben

My offer stands if its of any use.
My best advice would be to put it to Gumtree & Preloved & Loot for a week or so then try the Bay....
Im a backstop if its needed.
I think your mad to sell it though,but needs must and a hankering for something now are 2 totally seperate things.
I think a clean will improve it somewhat but at the end of the day its a desirable player.

Just an opinion from an old git thats been around the block.

Good Luck

BUMP BUMP BUMP

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='871878' date='Jun 19 2010, 04:38 PM']+1 Looking forward to the cleaned up pics![/quote]

But the grime makes it look so cool! :)

I really wish I had the funds for this as I always regretted selling my 1980 Ray.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='872821' date='Jun 20 2010, 06:01 PM']I see you sold it !,Nice one .I hope you got what you wanted and glad it was to a very nice man not someone we dont need to mention! Did you clean it up or did they go for the mojo?[/quote]
Hi Pete, I bought it off Ben yesterday, told him not to bother cleaning it up, i'll square it up over the next week, got a nut sorted already. It's actually not tooo bad close up, to be honest not as bad as my old 78 natural that i've had 30 year's, & play all the time, that one's about ready for a re-fret so the ''new one'' will come in handy.

Excellent news! That grime looks ace to me too and Im a man with a nice clean one,I would of loved to put it in my collection maybe as you can see from my user name if it had been confirmed as a '77 I probably would of hit the old overdraft for a few months.Cant go wrong long term there either way IMO.
See Ben I knew someone out there would want to enjoy it as it is and you have not have to do anything silly only time will tell if you regret it but you never know after Bruces refret you could get it back one day! Looks like smiles all round in the end :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='873660' date='Jun 21 2010, 05:23 PM']Excellent news! That grime looks ace to me too and Im a man with a nice clean one,I would of loved to put it in my collection maybe as you can see from my user name if it had been confirmed as a '77 I probably would of hit the old overdraft for a few months.Cant go wrong long term there either way IMO.
See Ben I knew someone out there would want to enjoy it as it is and you have not have to do anything silly only time will tell if you regret it but you never know after Bruces refret you could get it back one day! Looks like smiles all round in the end :)[/quote]
Be real interesting to know what price this one honestly realised in the end???
I personally saw it as a grand as is with £400' worth of work needed,to get to a decent shape..Then possibly worth the asking price...But then what would I know :rolleyes:

Well done Ben....let me know

As posted in previous thread -put up at a sensible price allowing for a bit of negotiation (which I am sure took place) - and sold at a sensible price - not stupidly over inflated. Just as I said at the start

good deal for seller and buyer - nice bass - enjoy it