Why become a member? ×

This looks well dodgy...fraudulent/illegal even?

bremen

[quote name='Musky' post='95337' date='Nov 27 2007, 10:04 PM']It's dodgy alright - [url="http://ekg.ebay.com/items/desc/140177721545/"]http://ekg.ebay.com/items/desc/140177721545/[/url]

Why do scammers make it so easy to do a search by including serials and pot dates? :)[/quote]

Fukking he11, he's already sold an instrument with the same serial number for $3500

I've grassed him up to ebay, wonder what they'll do about it?

[quote name='bremen' post='95353' date='Nov 27 2007, 10:24 PM']Fukking he11, he's already sold an instrument with the same serial number for $3500

I've grassed him up to ebay, wonder what they'll do about it?[/quote]

Well, it wasn't him that was the original seller. This guy has just copied the original auction's details and a few of it's photos.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='95403' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:27 PM']i bloody knew it!!

was checkin out "vintage" fenders on the bay today!!

this one stood out a mile!!

fake fake fake!!

its a shame there are people out there getting ripped off by these scammers!!

argh!!!!![/quote]

yeah, someone's going to be at least 210 quid poorer in a couple of days. I reported it to Ebay but they don't have a great reputaion for giving a damn...should I send a PM to the seller saying 'flee, all is known'?

[quote name='originalfunster' post='95412' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:45 PM']I think we should all bid on it and get it upto about £10,000 he will think christmas has come early......[/quote]

I agree. Was considering (still am) whacking an unfeasible amount on this. Then requesting local collection/payment....tw*t!

What are Ebay going to do?

[quote name='nick' post='95584' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:53 PM']I agree. Was considering (still am) whacking an unfeasible amount on this. Then requesting local collection/payment....tw*t!

What are Ebay going to do?[/quote]

From what I'm hearing they're more likely to ban you than do anything about the faker. I think I'll just 'have a quiet word' in a PM.

Well, 9 hours to go and I've received the standard autoreply from eBay yada yada we'll consider circumstances yada yada privacy yada yada chances are we'll do naff all.

Come on eBay, it's a clear fraud and as it stands this morning, someone's going to be down £820 because of your inaction.

[quote name='neepheid' post='95978' date='Nov 29 2007, 09:14 AM']Well, 9 hours to go and I've received the standard autoreply from eBay yada yada we'll consider circumstances yada yada privacy yada yada chances are we'll do naff all.

Come on eBay, it's a clear fraud and as it stands this morning, someone's going to be down £820 because of your inaction.[/quote]

Yeah I got the same.

Should we take direct action?

Maybe if we all PM him and put the frighteners on him?

We can do nothing but be glad we are part of a community like this ..
Sadly as long as there are people who will bid on something like this without doing the basic checks the scammers will continue to do it.
I was playing with a similar rip-off seller for a few weeks just to see what excuses he could come up with for avoiding the normal stuff - more pictures, cash on pick up, seeing it first, that sort of things, but it got boring.

[quote name='bremen' post='96049' date='Nov 29 2007, 11:31 AM']how can we do that?[/quote]

As soon as it ends, the winner will be revealed because the scammer hasn't done the usual and made it a private auction. If you're going to message the winner, do it right away. It'll take a while to get a cheque/postal order/bank transfer together.

No point in messaging the seller of your suspicions, you'll get zip all reply. Ask for more photos - silence or "it's already packaged up". Ask for serial numbers - silence or see previous answer. Ask for local pickup/cash on delivery/look before you buy - silence. THIS IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO BASS TO SHOW YOU/COLLECT. Ask for bank transfer details or offering a BIN price - all over you like a rash.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='neepheid' post='96061' date='Nov 29 2007, 11:43 AM']As soon as it ends, the winner will be revealed because the scammer hasn't done the usual and made it a private auction. If you're going to message the winner, do it right away. It'll take a while to get a cheque/postal order/bank transfer together.[/quote]

Good call, I'll certainly do that, will you too? he might not believe just one PM from a stranger.

[quote]No point in messaging the seller of your suspicions, you'll get zip all reply. Ask for more photos - silence or "it's already packaged up". Ask for serial numbers - silence or see previous answer. Ask for local pickup/cash on delivery/look before you buy - silence. THIS IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO BASS TO SHOW YOU/COLLECT. Ask for bank transfer details or offering a BIN price - all over you like a rash.[/quote]

absolutely, I've had no reply to my 'I'm interested, tell me more' PM and decided against sending a 'we're wise to your little game, sunshine' as it'd be pointless.

I think we succeeded:

[url="http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mcam6306&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:SFS&iid=120189119297&item=120189119297&frm=1883"]http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...97&frm=1883[/url]

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='96295' date='Nov 29 2007, 07:19 PM']He did and he was thankful, he's also left feedback for the seller hehehehehe @)[/quote]

Did he reply to you then? I often wonder in these sort of scam auctions whether the bidders think they're getting the real deal, or whether they just bid to spoil the auction.