Why become a member? ×

epifani ul410

fuzzylogic

hiya fellow bass chatters,

i have just bought an epifani ul410 and want to buy a cover for it but want to be sure of the model. it is black all over with the epifani badge with yellow writing, but doesn't state what it is on the badge.checked the back and it says it's a ul410 but not a series 1 or 2. i'm thinking of buying one of those rock solid nylon covers off e-bay and they say they can do a epifani ul410 series 1 as well as an epifani ul410. are the dimensions of the s1 and s2 the same.

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks

daz

Edited by fuzzylogic

I heard that there are two versions of Series 2. The early models are lighter, made with slightly more expensive wood I do believe. Epifani struggled to locate more of the wood and/or the cost went up, so they made the cabinet differently and in addition changed the grill hole size.

The more recent Series 2 models definitely have a badge and weigh about 6lbs+ more.

They MAY have been a change in speakers as well, not sure.

[quote name='chris_b' post='865246' date='Jun 12 2010, 03:02 PM']I've only seen pictures of series 2 cabs. There might be reasons why he is right and I'm wrong. He might have a series 2 cab with a series 1 badge? A transition model?[/quote]

i'd say more than likely your right.just thought i would get my facts absolutely right before i part company with money for a cover. i checked the dimensions of that cab he was selling and it's the same as mine

[quote name='fuzzylogic' post='865259' date='Jun 12 2010, 03:14 PM']i'd say more than likely your right.just thought i would get my facts absolutely right before i part company with money for a cover. i checked the dimensions of that cab he was selling and it's the same as mine[/quote]
I have had 4 covers from Jenart Design [url="http://www.jenart.com/contact.html"]http://www.jenart.com/contact.html[/url] , they have been excellent...go for the 10mm padded version, it offers good protection. You just have to measure the cab accurately for handle position etc, I have one for my UL410
[attachment=52002:epi_4x10.jpg]. Here is what I sent them:
Cover was about £40 delivered. :)

[quote name='MOSCOWBASS' post='865297' date='Jun 12 2010, 03:57 PM']I have had 4 covers from Jenart Design [url="http://www.jenart.com/contact.html"]http://www.jenart.com/contact.html[/url] , they have been excellent...go for the 10mm padded version, it offers good protection. You just have to measure the cab accurately for handle position etc, I have one for my UL410
[attachment=52002:epi_4x10.jpg]. Here is what I sent them:
Cover was about £40 delivered. :)[/quote]

hiya moscowbass, what material or materials are your covers made from. price sounds good

thanks dude

daz

[quote name='fuzzylogic' post='866637' date='Jun 13 2010, 11:50 PM']hiya moscowbass, what material or materials are your covers made from. price sounds good

thanks dude

daz[/quote]

It's some sort of nylon cloth with cotton padded backing. I had one for my NL210 for years and it was good...stood up well and offered good protection, that's why I got one for my UL410. Recommended! They offer 5mm and 10mm padding, I went for the 10mm.

Hi Ya,
I have bought covers from Silverstone amp covers.
Great quality and finish , not the cheapest , but i would highly recomend them.

Go for a padded cover , Measure the cab and they will make it fit like a glove :)

I have a fantastic ul410 cab which i bought from chris b. Your cab looks identical to mine which chris rightly sais is a series 1 cabinet.
Regards
Chris

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='868000' date='Jun 15 2010, 01:44 PM']Hi Ya,
I have bought covers from Silverstone amp covers.
Great quality and finish , not the cheapest , but i would highly recomend them.

Go for a padded cover , Measure the cab and they will make it fit like a glove :)

I have a fantastic ul410 cab which i bought from chris b. Your cab looks identical to mine which chris rightly sais is a series 1 cabinet.
Regards
Chris[/quote]

thanks for confirmation. i will look at the silverstone option as well

[quote name='Musicman20' post='865258' date='Jun 12 2010, 04:14 PM']I heard that there are two versions of Series 2. The early models are lighter, made with slightly more expensive wood I do believe. Epifani struggled to locate more of the wood and/or the cost went up, so they made the cabinet differently and in addition changed the grill hole size.[/quote]

The first serie from Epifani is heavier than series 2.
And it's heavier as old Mesa or Ampeg Cab.
I could, when I went to the Geert's house (wombatboter here on basschat), test the difference between old and new cab from Epifani. Ask him also for speakers use in.

:beers:

[quote name='Bassman' post='868725' date='Jun 16 2010, 08:34 AM']The first serie from Epifani is heavier than series 2.
And it's heavier as old Mesa or Ampeg Cab.
I could, when I went to the Geert's house (wombatboter here on basschat), test the difference between old and new cab from Epifani. Ask him also for speakers use in.

:beers:[/quote]

Actually there have been 3 ranges of speakers.

The original, and first series of cabs were the T-series. These were seriously heavy and used non-Neo speakers.

Next came the original UL series which are very light. These used B&C Neo speakers.

Finally there is the current UL series 2 which are slightly heavier than the original UL-series and use custom Eminence Neo speakers.