Why become a member? ×

Hello from Cornwall

Bassman77

Hi all good to be here, a proper UK based Bass site.

I'm 30 years old been playing bass for around 14 years, but I can also play guitar and a bit on the drums too.
Taught myself to play by ear, still learning everyday! :)

I was in a band for 3 years, a rock n roll/rockabilly based outfit, we toured most of Devon/Cornwall and played a few places further up, I decided to leave in 2005 when I stopped enjoying the music. Since then I have done a few jam nights but no band action, must get myself back out there.!

I bought my 1st bass in 1995 a cheap Vester Pbass copy, which was ok actually, traded this one in for a Ibanez Ricky 4001 copy which was horrid (neck like a railway sleeper!), Went through a couple of Epiphone EBOs, didnt like them. Then I stumbled across a mates Dad selling his 77 Precision not in very good nick, but its loud as hell and looks just like sid visious's one!.
As for amps I have gone through a few Laney's a Hartke, them a few Peavey rigs, for home use I mess around on a Line 6 Lowdown.

Influences primarily are John Entwistle, John Paul Jones, James Jamerson and so many more, I have a wide range in music tastes but cannot deal with really Heavy metal.

Anyway enough waffling hope to speak to a you guys soon.
Take care

Gary

[quote name='Bassman77' post='96332' date='Nov 29 2007, 08:41 PM']Blimey didn't know there were so many fellow cornish lads on here Cool !!

I live just outside St Austell in the china clay country!, but as everyone from down here knows your always 10 minutes away from the beach !
Thanks for all the welcomes

Gaz[/quote]

ah cool not too far from me then, live just outside bodmin.

[quote name='Motocross_nick' post='98383' date='Dec 3 2007, 08:07 PM']depends really, what genre you playing with your band?[/quote]

rock/indie covers - mainly modern with a few oldies.

sorry for diverting the thread - terrible manners me...

[quote name='Bassman77' post='96332' date='Nov 29 2007, 08:41 PM']I live just outside St Austell in the china clay country!
Thanks for all the welcomes

Gaz[/quote]

Hi Gary

Like others have said welcome to the forum

I now live in North Devon but grew up in St Austell. I lived on Southbourne Rd (the By-Pass) and went to Penrice Comp before moving away and a few years later coming back to live in Roche for a few years before moving to Devon

Small world eh!!

Cheers
Dave

• 2 weeks later...