Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Stunning Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5 string with Lakland Case: SOLD

I picked this up recently hoping it would be the right step back on the 5 string path. For a week it worked out perfectly but playing it last night and my forearm went back in to spasm and the old injury has flared up massively :)

So, for sale or trade is this gorgeous Lakland JO Skyline 5 string which is in fantastic condition apart from a few scratches on the lower horn (pictured) which aren't through the lacquer.

It is kitted out with Fralins and sounds absolutely wonderful. It's also now strung with D'Addario Chromes but I would be happy to restring with a brand new set of Elites (I think) that I have to hand.

It also comes with a Lakland hardcase but unfortunately this has a crack in one of the ends (pictured) but doesn't affect playability.

The bass is stunning and I have never seen one in such a nice sunburst colour.

I am looking for trades with either a US Fender Jazz (new series) 4 string or Lakland Duck Dunn. I will also sell for £700.

Thanks for looking. I really am gutted this one hasn't worked out :rolleyes:

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Rumble' post='858818' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:46 PM']This looks like the one I used to own. How much does it weigh?

If it is the one, I can honestly say that this was without doubt the best sounding bass I had prior to getting my F bass.[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not entirely sure of it's provenance but knowing how incestuous Basschat is there's a fair chance it is your old one! :)

By my scales in the bathroom it weighs between 9 and 9.5lbs so not very light but certainly not heavy either. In fact it feels lighter than that on the strap.

[quote name='Rumble' post='858915' date='Jun 6 2010, 02:53 PM']Definitely not my old one, which was an incredibly weight beast ~12Ibs!!

I'm tempted![/quote]

:) Just weighed it on my mate's fishing scales and it's just about 9.75lbs, so lighter than you're average Stingray 5.

Absolute top basses, i love my JO5 to bits, such a lovely build a great sound through those Lindy's- Good luck for the sale and well done to ther new future owner you will not be disappointed!