Why become a member? ×

QSC K12 PA speakers - WOW!!

deksawyer

Just bought a pair of QSC K12 speakers to replace a pair of ageing PV speakers and wow, what a cracking pair of cabs.

Not used them at a gig yet but fired them up the other day at home and have to say even a low/moderate levels the detail from these things is superb. I could happily use them as hifi speakers if I really wanted to. No bloated or overblown sound at all.

We'll be using them with a pair of Mackie SWA1501 subs (older Italian versions) so it should be a fairly decent system for not a lot of outlay.

I'll let you know how they handle a gig, but for now, anyone looking to get a pair of active PA cabs, these have to be on your list.

I did consider the newer SRM450's and the EON515's but the K12's just seemed to have the edge...

D.

Cool - they look to be really good speakers for the money! I wonder if the matching subwoofers are as good? I've always been suspicious of subs with 12" drivers, call me old fashioned but there's nothing to beat a good 18" cabinet for rumble!

[quote name='JTUK' post='863176' date='Jun 10 2010, 12:39 PM']Sound like they will be good.
wouldn't mind a pr unpowered...
Do we know what are a comparable passive speaker..?[/quote]

I too would be intrigued by this information, as I'm currently running QSC amps and might need another pair of speakers...

[quote name='acidbass' post='852783' date='May 31 2010, 05:37 PM']Cool - they look to be really good speakers for the money! I wonder if the matching subwoofers are as good? I've always been suspicious of subs with 12" drivers, call me old fashioned but there's nothing to beat a good 18" cabinet for rumble![/quote]

Hmmm you should take a look at the [url="http://www.billfitzmaurice.com"]Bill FitzMaurice[/url] website, and reevalute your thinking regarding subs, how they work, and what size cones are best for them.

Once again lowest useable frequency is entirely unrelated to driver size in a cab, its related to cab design and more volume....