Why become a member? ×

Iceni Funkmeister

BassBod

Got this one in a trade a few weeks ago, nice bass but not something I need.

Medium weight ash body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Aero humbuckers, EMG circuit (bass and treble boost/cut) badass II bridge, Fender tuners and a Warwick brass adjustable nut.

[attachment=50730:P1000265.JPG][attachment=50729:P1000261.JPG]

The frets have been levelled, and left with pretty flat tops. It could do with another level/re-profile to get it playing its best. The bar type string retainer didn't retain (!) so I've replaced that with a fender type, so there are two small holes in the headstock face. I've also put Dunlop strap buttons on.

[attachment=50731:P1000264.JPG]

The fretless neck is made from slightly figured maple, with a Tulip wood strip inlayed along the back and a lined ebony fingerboard. Its a very thin profile - too thin for me!

[attachment=50733:P1000269.JPG]

Comes in a Kinsman generic hard case. Collection from Bristol/Bath area much preferred - pm any questions, although I've got a busy weekend so please don't be offended if it takes a few days to answer questions.

BB

Edited by BassBod

[quote name='BassBunny' post='850267' date='May 28 2010, 12:46 PM']Bugger 1 String missing. A beautiful example of Mr Walsh's work.
Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking!

• 2 weeks later...

This was originally my bass which I sold to Richard (greyparrot). A fantasic super jazz. It was originally a fretless (with the neck provided) however I only needed a fretless for one session and after that I decided to get Mike to swap the neck for a fretted stock neck that he had. The fretless neck was very thin though it played very well when set up.
The EMG circuit and Aero pickups are a great combo and sound very Jazz like (I didn't think it was going to originally so was pleasantly suprised when I first plugged it in!)

Hope this info is helpful for anyone looking at this bass, Duncan is a great guy to deal with.

Oh and the date of manufacture is July 09.