Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT-200T - SOLD!!

Conan

Late 80s Ampeg SVT-200T head with serial FX loop, 6 band EQ (with push-pull frequency switching), Bi-Amp function and DI out. Front panel is very clean and uncluttered, and easy to use. This amp was (I believe) only made for a short period of time before morphing into the SVT350.

Power output is 200W @ 8 Ohm, 350W @ 4 Ohm. This seems conservative, as this unit is [i]very[/i] loud through two Ashdown 4x10 cabs! Lots of clean, clear and warm volume and loads of tone-shaping capabilities. It was serviced last week - no major repairs, but a few dry joints re-soldered, input jack adjusted and tightened, and all pots cleaned and ready to go!

It is rather heavy. I haven't weighed it accurately, but would estimate it to be around 25kg. I will weigh it properly to calculate shipping costs if required.

It has a rather tatty soft cover, which keeps the dust off but not much more!

I've had a couple of offers via PM around the £300 mark, so if you really want this amp you may have to exceed that! Still, an awful lot of amp for a very reasonable price!

I am happy to arrange shipping, but at the buyer's expense. Quotes so far range from around a tenner (within the UK), £23 Eire. Havent looked for prices to Europe or further afield, but I will if anyone is interested. Any questions, just ask!

[attachment=50732:ampeg_svt_200t.jpg]

Edited by Conan

Have free bump on me for one of the truly great 'lost' Ampeg heads!

I used to have one of these heads back in the early 90s (until some git nicked it out of the van in Brixton) and coupled with the Ampeg 8x10 cab it truly was a tone and volume monster!!

Mine used to easily compete with guitarists running through full-size Marshall 100 watt stacks.

[quote name='matski' post='850265' date='May 28 2010, 12:44 PM']Have free bump on me for one of the truly great 'lost' Ampeg heads!

I used to have one of these heads back in the early 90s (until some git nicked it out of the van in Brixton) and coupled with the Ampeg 8x10 cab it truly was a tone and volume monster!!

Mine used to easily compete with guitarists running through full-size Marshall 100 watt stacks.[/quote]

Cheers man! Your wise words are making me love the beast even more!

GASing for a Hartke LH500/1000 though... :)

[quote name='MythSte' post='850200' date='May 28 2010, 11:20 AM']You must state a price, feeler or no i'm afraid :)[/quote]

Sorry. My mistake! Duly amended (in a ball-park kinda stylee!). :rolleyes:

[quote name='geoff90guitar' post='851066' date='May 29 2010, 01:01 PM']Sorry Conan, I'm a bit thick at this being 61, what does PM mean?[/quote]

My apologies! It means that I have sent you a private message. Look at the top right hand corner of your screen and click on the text that says "1 new message"!