Why become a member? ×

Just won this bargain Jazz!

rohan

[quote name='eubassix' post='93336' date='Nov 23 2007, 02:24 PM']I'd be inclined agree with 'Foxen' and WOT, depending upon how far you've progressed: whilst I was based in Tianjin, I bought a 'Precision' bass from one of the better music shops there. It didn't have a Fender logo (...that's easy to add of course) .. but the build quality and playability was excellent; the thing is, it was the only one (of about eight) that was playable (although the shop owner kept telling me that they were 'all the same' .. well, to look at, from a distance they were!...). BQ is the major problem there - as I think it was initally in Japan, and later Korea. So, if it's a good example then it'll play fine. But - and I have no idea how they can do it, other than the generally LOW cost of living there - these were very cheap.. and I'm taking about <£50 !![/quote]

Yeah The SX Jazzes sell for $120 (thats dollars) in the states - and they are perfectly fine. Most of that will be transport tax and profit. They must make them for about 20 dollars ...

[quote name='rohan' post='93417' date='Nov 23 2007, 05:04 PM']Any ideas how to withdraw my payment? Its an e cheque so i would have to wait seven working days anyway.[/quote]

PayPal eCheques are straight forward to withdraw. Log into your PayPal account and click on the transaction, it'll have details there. Tell the seller what you are doing and why and he may well cancel the payment his end (which he can do in seconds without giving any reasons to Paypal or eBay), especially if you mention breach of copyright on eBay. However, it might pay to take the line that you realise that he may not be to blame and that you realise that he's probably been duped... give him a way out otherwise a cornered rat can fight!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='93491' date='Nov 23 2007, 07:32 PM']PayPal eCheques are straight forward to withdraw. Log into your PayPal account and click on the transaction, it'll have details there. Tell the seller what you are doing and why and he may well cancel the payment his end (which he can do in seconds without giving any reasons to Paypal or eBay), especially if you mention breach of copyright on eBay. However, it might pay to take the line that you realise that he may not be to blame and that you realise that he's probably been duped... give him a way out otherwise a cornered rat can fight![/quote]

Sound advice
Chris

All sorted - I think he was trying to get a cheeky sale as he forgot to mention that it was a duplicate and me being the airhead that I am forgot that fenders are manafactured in JAPAN, not China :)

"hi sorry for late reply i have been away for the weekend the guitar is a AAA duplicate from china all guitars from there are dups they are very well made just as good as an original at a fraction of the price i have 2 myself,i have no problem if your not happy with this and want to withdraw your payment as i should have put this in my ad,please let me know if you withdraw your payment i am very sorry for the late reply and confusion
thanks phil"

Edited by rohan

[quote name='rohan' post='94539' date='Nov 26 2007, 01:51 PM']All sorted - I think he was trying to get a cheeky sale as he forgot to mention that it was a duplicate and me being the airhead that I am forgot that fenders are manafactured in JAPAN, not China :)

"hi sorry for late reply i have been away for the weekend the guitar is a AAA duplicate from china all guitars from there are dups they are very well made just as good as an original at a fraction of the price i have 2 myself,i have no problem if your not happy with this and want to withdraw your payment as i should have put this in my ad,please let me know if you withdraw your payment i am very sorry for the late reply and confusion
thanks phil"[/quote]

I love a happy ending :-)

[quote name='rohan' post='94553' date='Nov 26 2007, 02:15 PM']As soon as he cancels the payment,
I will.[/quote]

FFS don't give him more than 24hrs to cancel that payment! He can do it instantly and there is no reason not to do it immediately but I can assure you it will get a whole lot messier if your eCheque clears. He may well fob you off and say his PC's broke or some other spurious reason but at the end of the day if he doesn't refund you soon you will be on a stickier wicket than you presently are. 'IF' he hasn't done it by now (or at least in 24hrs) then he could be a bit of a chancer (look at his track record to date... forgot to mention it's a copy!) and he may well refute your PayPal claim and say that you have already collected the bass from him... what proof have you that you haven't?

I'm a sad old cynic but I've been around enough to know 'some' of the scams that some people will pull. I hope this gets sorted for you soon.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='94645' date='Nov 26 2007, 05:09 PM']I'm a sad old cynic but I've been around enough to know 'some' of the scams that some people will pull. I hope this gets sorted for you soon.[/quote]

Not cyncal John, pretty much on the mark. You see this all the time with cheap counterfeit goods on aby, not so often with basses, but it's on the increase. The seller in question is pulling a weak con - he likely doesn't have the balls for a strong one and hopes to bluff it. What I imagine will eventually happen is he'll say, as you suggest "couldn't get online and by the time I did your cheque had cleared" and then "I got my invoices mixed up and I've already sent the bass. Tell you what, try it anyway, and if you don't like it, I'll refund you". Then, when you don't like the bass, he'll say "I'm not in a position to refund you at present". You'll either give up and resign yourself to a crapish bass, or complain to Ebay, who will do nothing.
I prefer a proper conman to a puny little weasel like this guy :)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='94648' date='Nov 26 2007, 05:16 PM']Not cyncal John, pretty much on the mark. You see this all the time with cheap counterfeit goods on aby, not so often with basses, but it's on the increase. The seller in question is pulling a weak con - he likely doesn't have the balls for a strong one and hopes to bluff it. What I imagine will eventually happen is he'll say, as you suggest "couldn't get online and by the time I did your cheque had cleared" and then "I got my invoices mixed up and I've already sent the bass. Tell you what, try it anyway, and if you don't like it, I'll refund you". Then, when you don't like the bass, he'll say "I'm not in a position to refund you at present". You'll either give up and resign yourself to a crapish bass, or complain to Ebay, who will do nothing.
I prefer a proper conman to a puny little weasel like this guy :)
Chris[/quote]

Phew I thought I might have been the only one to have reservations and have been over-reacting!

Get your dosh back and buy one of Chris's basses they're probably more Fender than the one you were about to buy :huh:

If not one of those is there nothing available in the sales section?

[quote name='OldGit' post='95539' date='Nov 28 2007, 11:37 AM']"Still after a date with Kylie"

My mate played sax in the band on the Tiutanic for the Dr Who special she's in. I gave him your name/picture to pass on to her. I hope that was OK?[/quote]

Mate, when she's Mrs Beedster, I'll give you any bass from my ever-growing collection you want :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='95623' date='Nov 28 2007, 02:17 PM']Mate, when she's Mrs Beedster, I'll give you any bass from my ever-growing collection you want :)[/quote]

I note from another thread that you've withdrawn the Flea - does this mean there's to be a happy event?

[quote name='Beedster' post='95646' date='Nov 28 2007, 03:20 PM']On the off chance that the young Ms Minogue calls tonight, I need to ensure that I can honour my promise to Mr Git :)

PS, Chris, you have a PM.....[/quote]

We'll need proof of the real thing - shots of the head, heel, serial number, pots .. no getting off with one of the many Kylie Chinese copies flooding Dr Who Christmas specials all over the place ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='95680' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:34 PM']We'll need proof of the real thing - shots of the head, heel, serial number, pots .. no getting off with one of the many Kylie Chinese copies flooding Dr Who Christmas specials all over the place ...
[/quote]

Pots....? :)