Why become a member? ×

'Normal' Rehearsal schedules - EDIT: Oh what an update! Enjoy!

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='842145' date='May 19 2010, 03:03 PM']Cheers, I used the template. Lets see what happens. All good fun.[/quote]

Okay. As far as I can see they have also posted the same advert [url="http://www.zen76308.zen.co.uk/Riffs/musicians.html"]here[/url], in case you want to spread your net a little wider.

S.P.

Cheeky so and sos!

I cannot believe they have moaned about the equipment! Just because I wouldnt store a £1K rig at a damp reheasal place! How dare they?!

Not one of them play quality equipment, all cheap ebayed £100 guitars.

That offends me more than anything.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='842184' date='May 19 2010, 03:35 PM']Cheeky so and sos!

I cannot believe they have moaned about the equipment! Just because I wouldnt store a £1K rig at a damp reheasal place! How dare they?!

That offends me more than anything.[/quote]

Don't worry about it, man. Get your revenge with your ads, leave them in the do-do and move on!

They sound like a right bunch of cowboys.

Good luck for the future!

the band I am currently sessioning for the first year we were rehearsing usually 2 days a week (150 miles away) from 11 am till 8pm each day. then the label brought in an MD and were doing 5 day stints of 10am - 9pm and working on no more than 2 tracks a day. Gets well tedious after a while but it doesn't half make you tight when youv'e got an MD cracking the whip and pulling you up on any sloppy playing!

Thankfully we are down to once every 2 weeks now just to keep on top of things!

[quote name='wesfinn' post='842232' date='May 19 2010, 04:39 PM']the band I am currently sessioning for the first year we were rehearsing usually 2 days a week (150 miles away) from 11 am till 8pm each day. then the label brought in an MD and were doing 5 day stints of 10am - 9pm and working on no more than 2 tracks a day. Gets well tedious after a while but it doesn't half make you tight when youv'e got an MD cracking the whip and pulling you up on any sloppy playing!

Thankfully we are down to once every 2 weeks now just to keep on top of things![/quote]

Wow thats a lot! I hope you were getting good money !

[quote name='Musicman20' post='842184' date='May 19 2010, 03:35 PM']Cheeky so and sos!

That offends me more than anything.[/quote]

And so it should... :) I had to laugh at this...knowing how well you look after your gear and the sheer amount of quality stuff you have.

I wouldn't store anything of any value in a damp unattended room no matter how secure they think it might be..are they nuts..?

Personally, that name would have been the first warning sign... that is almost a certain veto, IMV...:rolleyes:

Best out of it..continue on the same lines with your plans but find a better bunch to work with..
Maybe hook up with the Toon mafia on here and network somewhat. :lol:

I take the point about being holed up in a studio for days on end IF the money is there, or you are as keen as mustard and young enough with no other commitments and they know damn well they will not have to pay you.

I think my lack of business-like manner didnt match up. Im first and foremost a musician, the money is an easy issue to deal with.

I think they just want a plodder, hitting the right chord changes every now and then. I dont think they could handle the mini solos I put in whilst they were trying songs over and over again.

The last chap quit for the same reason, not enough gigs and too much time given up for the band. I think the lack of knowledge on the bass equipment front was definitely an eye opener. They expected an Ampeg 8x10 cab to roll in....I kid you not.

Anyway, somehow theyve already found out I know and they have attempted to apologise and give excuses. I have found the best way to deal with it is pure ignorance. Arguing with them wont work; I think just doing something better is the key.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='842351' date='May 19 2010, 06:35 PM']I think they just want a plodder, hitting the right chord changes every now and then. I dont think they could handle the mini solos I put in whilst they were trying songs over and over again.[/quote]

If you were bored enough to not want to play the songs properly you should've just quit instead of tooling around playing "mini-solos".

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='842470' date='May 19 2010, 08:11 PM']If you were bored enough to not want to play the songs properly you should've just quit instead of tooling around playing "mini-solos".[/quote]

I did them as per what they required until about the 4th time over in a row...Im sure every drummer adds extra fills...agreed shouldn't be done unnecessarily.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='842402' date='May 19 2010, 07:20 PM']Oh its all happening now. If you are registered to this, enjoy:

[url="http://toonrockpages.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bandmembers&action=display&thread=31298"]http://toonrockpages.proboards.com/index.c...mp;thread=31298[/url][/quote]
Just have :) looking forward to the entertainment!

G, it's ridiculous and you are way better off without them.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='842470' date='May 19 2010, 08:11 PM']If you were bored enough to not want to play the songs properly you should've just quit instead of tooling around playing "mini-solos".[/quote]That's a bit harsh on ol' G mate, I know where you're coming from though, I wouldn't dream of doing that in any of my bands. However, none of my bands is a bunch of tits.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='842470' date='May 19 2010, 08:11 PM']If you were bored enough to not want to play the songs properly you should've just quit instead of tooling around playing "mini-solos".[/quote]

You are such a charmer, I bet you are real fun to hang with... :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='842402' date='May 19 2010, 07:20 PM']Oh its all happening now. If you are registered to this, enjoy:

[url="http://toonrockpages.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bandmembers&action=display&thread=31298"]http://toonrockpages.proboards.com/index.c...mp;thread=31298[/url][/quote]

"Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum."

Argh the suspense is killing me.

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='842583' date='May 19 2010, 09:57 PM']"Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum."

S.P.[/quote]

Wot has been a gent and questioned the advert.

[quote name='JTUK' post='842547' date='May 19 2010, 09:24 PM']You are such a charmer, I bet you are real fun to hang with... :)[/quote]

I would rather just say "This isn't going to work for me, sorry lads, good luck". If you're soloing instead of playing your part then you're likely to cause even more rehearsal of the song you're already bored of, because the cloth-eared berks won't be able to figure out why it doesn't sound right.

The band sound like a pretty unworkable bunch to me, but I would've politely ditched them when I realised how much of my time they were hoping to waste with silly rituals like the PA thing described above, running through simple songs more times than is necessary, smoking in the rehearsal room (I only recently stopped smoking but I voluntarily stopped smoking [i]indoors[/i] several years ago because it's such an anti-social thing to do), etc.

As for advertising for a replacement before telling the guy you're planning to replace, well that is rude. I've had it happen to me in the past and I wasn't impressed. But that's not what I was commenting on.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='842638' date='May 19 2010, 10:42 PM']I would rather just say "This isn't going to work for me, sorry lads, good luck". If you're soloing instead of playing your part then you're likely to cause even more rehearsal of the song you're already bored of, because the cloth-eared berks won't be able to figure out why it doesn't sound right.

The band sound like a pretty unworkable bunch to me, but I would've politely ditched them when I realised how much of my time they were hoping to waste with silly rituals like the PA thing described above, running through simple songs more times than is necessary, smoking in the rehearsal room (I only recently stopped smoking but I voluntarily stopped smoking [i]indoors[/i] several years ago because it's such an anti-social thing to do), etc.

As for advertising for a replacement before telling the guy you're planning to replace, well that is rude. I've had it happen to me in the past and I wasn't impressed. But that's not what I was commenting on.[/quote]

Completely agree, I understand what you are getting at now :) I should have walked a few weeks back.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='842583' date='May 19 2010, 09:57 PM']"Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum."

S.P.[/quote]

:) Me too

This whole episode is ridiculous. They'll never hold down a decent enough time period of decent cash coming in with the way they behave.

Maybe they should come to one of our bands practices, and see how to
PLAY in a band.
What happened to the original bassist? Did his back give way after having to lift the PA more than his own rig?

I hate douches like those though, your not proffessional until your earning from it, and quite obviously they weren't.
I sometimes wonder what goes through thier minds when they are spending 30 minutes faffing around doing nothing.

Anyway G, you are better off without. I know it must be hard though especially when you are being promised good monies and you are wanting to get to it.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='842741' date='May 20 2010, 01:24 AM']Me too. I wonder if they've smelt a rat given how many registrations they've had in a short space of time.[/quote]

Perhaps we should have all pooled together and made one registration to share.

S.P.