Why become a member? ×

Another paradoxical Garden Shed special.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120569468799"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=120569468799[/url]

Home-made bass that looks like it's been hewn from a single big lump of mahogany (apart from a scarf-jointed headstock), lots of genuine skill, care & attention has gone into shaping & sculpting this & it's actually a very striking-looking object.

Which makes it such a shame that its creator has evidently never seen an actual bass guitar & has presumably put this together from a box of random P copy bits, using a rough pencil-sketch as a guide.

This'll never work!

Jon.

looks like dimarzio, though it doesn't look like the most optimal arrangement for the magnetic fields.... at least that leaves plenty of room to say... install a willpower neck pickup, and maybe 2 MM humbuckers..... all that mahogany is making my router hand twitch.

[quote name='Johnston' post='838047' date='May 15 2010, 12:05 PM']Are they Dimazrios with the hex pole pieces???[/quote]
Probably, but not always. You get Schallers that look exactly the same, as do some of the late 70s/early 80s Jap P pups.

Me, I'm none too convinced it would be harmonically correct, even if you could get more than two strings not hanging over the edges of the board - the frets don't exactly look parallel!

J.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='838194' date='May 15 2010, 03:39 PM']Would burn well in most garden chimineas.[/quote]

MB1. :)
....Arga Friendly?...
..I'll have you know this used to be a lovely Coffee Table!

Edited by MB1