Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ Jazz '75 Reissue - Olympic White with Binding and Blocks

faceman

It's only been a week but an amazing offer has come my way I can't refuse. A mate of mine has offered me a pre-EB StingRay at a price I can afford, plus I've fallen for the StingRay tone. Therefore, it is with regret I'm putting this fantastic bass for sale.

This is a Crafted in Japan reissue, comes with DR Marcus Miller strings. It's a 70s Jazz Bass with beautiful blocks and bindings on the neck with a plain black pick guard that complements the body very well. This has to be the nicest Jazz I have ever played with an excellent neck, solid body and great pickups. Played it at a few gigs and it's just fantastic. It has that burp from the back and the overall full tone with both pickups. I believe they have been upgraded to the American ones and with extra shielding. As Mark said on his original listing, these go for around £700 from Far East Guitars so this a bargain!

I'm looking for the same I paid for it last week. [b]£550[/b] is what I want for this baby, shipping to the UK will be around £15-20 on top of that, or pickup from the North East area. I'm happy to drive to meet somewhere. Not open to trades, for the reasons explained above. Attached are some pictures from Mr Tredders. It looks exactly the same now as it did then!

Any questions, let me know. I'm looking for a nice quick sale if possible, so I can get my new baby soon.

Edited by faceman

That is literally THE dream Jazz bass for me, no exaggeration.

I sold my white Marcus Miller a few months ago which was practically my only playing bass and aesthetically it was one of my favourites - I wish I still had it in a way. This really reminds me of it and it some ways I think it looks even better :wub: I love the Lakland 44-01 I bought from the sale, but if this was sitting next to my Marcus Miller when I bought it I may have ended up walking away with this instead, and it does raise a few interesting thoughts as this would have been well within budget ^_^

In my dreams unfortunately, at least at this time!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='840968' date='May 18 2010, 03:20 PM']I'm going to put my HW1 up for sale now if I get a buyer this is mine.[/quote]
Wayne, will you wear an Arsenal shirt if I promise not to bid for this? :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='841083' date='May 18 2010, 04:29 PM']Wayne, will you wear an Arsenal shirt if I promise not to bid for this? :)[/quote]

Mate if you're in for it you go for it mate I don't know how long my HW1 will take to sell.

And I'm never wearing that sh*t again oh and if you buy it I'll have it off you when you decide to sell in 3 weeks :rolleyes:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='841092' date='May 18 2010, 04:32 PM']Mate if you're in for it you go for it mate I don't know how long my HW1 will take to sell.

And I'm never wearing that sh*t again oh and if you buy it I'll have it off you when you decide to sell in 3 weeks :)[/quote]
only joshing mate - hope your HW1 sells and you nab this beauty

As a previous owner of this bass, I can confirm that it's a real beauty. Easily the nicest looking and sounding Jazz I've heard, and Seb's a top bloke to deal with. You won't regret buying this one!

[quote name='tom1946' post='843278' date='May 20 2010, 04:42 PM']He answered your previous post.

How do you send to Germany for 25-30 quid? My last one to there was a lot more than that.[/quote]
I have sent two basses to Italy recently (both to BC'er HiperiOn). One was a vintage Fender Jazz in a hard case and insured up to £1000 - cost £85. The other was an MIJ Fender in a soft gig bag in a cardboard box, so much lighter and uninsured. That was about £45-ish IIRC. So £25-30 to Germany seems very low to me too.

Edited by Clarky