Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN SPECTOR euro 5 poplar burl £700 PRICE DROP £700

jayblaze

• 1 month later...

I'd have had that away if it were a 4 stringer...I used to have a Rebop DLX that I sold here for £350...they sell for over £1000 now new! It just goes to show how crazy the depreciation on Spector basses is, especially since the price hike!

Out of curiosity, what type of Preamp does it have in it now? I loved the Tone Pump, I'd rate it as one of my favourite preamps! It was so gutsy and powerful!

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1048152' date='Dec 5 2010, 12:38 PM']Ah ok, what pre-amp is it then? I'm half interested in this, I'm on the look out for a 5er for the new year, this isn't exactly what I'm looking for but it sounds pretty nice and looks cool.[/quote]

If it's the original EMG pick-ups, then there isn't a pre-amp. The EMG's are Active.
The Tone Pump is just and additional Bass/Treble Boost circuit.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1048176' date='Dec 5 2010, 01:06 PM']The Tone Pump is just and additional Bass/Treble Boost circuit.[/quote]

Ah, but it actually cuts too; the revelation was described in another thread around here after someone got in touch with the original manufacturers of the preamp!

thanks for the offer mate. i figure if people dont like the idea of no preamp then they can choose what one they would like to have. the bass sounds fantastic as it is and any tonal adjustments i need to make i do so on my sans amp, after all thats what its for. oh yeah cheers for the bump!

I was very close to getting this myself, id want to stick a pre amp in though , gone for a natural spector, coz im a lazy so and so and mine has an east preamp in, as the OP states its a blank canvas at a very good price, hope you dont mind me hijacking but same as some other chatters, i have an EMG BTS circuit, with a seprate vol,blend, treb,bass ( the treble has 4 selectable freqs) which would complement this fine bass, i dont want alot for it either.
Massive bump for this great bass!!!

• 3 weeks later...

bump. cmon people this bass is still here in stunning condition.

dont worry about the bass not having a preamp, it really does sound fantastic, if i didnt need the money i would even think about selling it.
also the pictures dont do that top justice, they were taken on a crappy phone camera.

670 to whoever wants it :)