Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 J-Retro **WITHDRAWN**

niceguyhomer

Preferring the passive sound, I've been thinking of removing the J-Retro from this and putting the old pots back in. But, this is a superb bass as it is and because it looks the biz with the J-Retro I think it would be a shame to spoil it and I know someone else will be happier than I am with the intricacies and wide tonal range of the J-Retro.

This bass is in superb condition and is a great player, the neck is the best I've played. It has enormous bottom end and slaps like a mofo. It has a Hipshot thingy that drops the E to D.

I paid £730 for this with the standard white pickguard and a gig bag (not great) then spent another £50 on 2 Jeannie's pickguards and £30 on some new DR Sunbeams. Oh and I bought a Hiscox Lifelite case for it but I'll probably keep that depending on what I buy after this. I'm not desperate to sell but I have severe P GAS. Prices are as follows:

Bass, standard white p/g and original pots / gig bag - £730
Bass, standard white p/g plus the black one fitted - £740
Black cherry tort p/g - £22 (cost £35 with postage & customs sting)

The Hiscox case is negotiable but it's brand new and unmarked. As usual will deliver within a reasonable distance / meet halfway. I don't like shipping basses.

Trades are welcome with cash either way, but I'm fussy and please don't take the piss with stupid offers. More pics on request.

Please note the black cherry pickguard does not quite meet the control plate as is normal I believe for Jeannie's.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='90261' date='Nov 18 2007, 02:20 PM']Bloody Hell!! Good for you Mart.[/quote]

We can but hope - Mrs MTB's shoe buying spree is getting ever closer :) It would look nice alongside your old Black P bass OHM.
If this doesn't work out it may be BassCentral for me.
Have you sorted your BG out yet?

Forgot to mention that the J-Retro & Hipshot were fitted by The Bass Gallery and I have the receipts to prove it. I know you can import these from the States at lower prices but just to put this deal into context, if you walked into The Gallery and bought this new and then asked Alex to supply and fit the J-Retro and Hipshot and then add the 2 pickguards from Jeannies, you'd have very little change out of £1500.

Thanks fellas, it really is a stunning bass but I find myself constantly twiddling the preamp to find an active sound I like. Then I end up switching it to passive and kaboom - tone heaven, BUT - with no tone control in passive mode which frustrates me. To be fair, others have tried to help but I'm utterly hopeless. I'm going to persist with the preamp for now and see how I feel about it after Christmas.

Alan

You're more than welcome to try the Villex Bob Glaub. It may hit your desired sonic sweet spot (SSS). All the best, I can feel your anguish in your search for the perfect sound.

Of course I understand that you can't get one off the shelf.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='91762' date='Nov 20 2007, 07:55 PM']Alan

You're more than welcome to try the Villex Bob Glaub. It may hit your desired sonic sweet spot (SSS). All the best, I can feel your anguish in your search for the perfect sound.

Of course I understand that you can't get one off the shelf.

Peter[/quote]

Hello Peter, I will get up soon - I can't walk at the moment! I've just been dabbling with my EBS Microbass into the power stage of my GK1001RBII and it's hard to imagine a better sound but experience tells me that the sounds you get in your bedroom are nothing like you get at The Queens Loin on a Saturday night at gig volume

[quote name='richy316' post='91771' date='Nov 20 2007, 08:02 PM']HOLY COCK THATS GORGEOUS![/quote]

So's my holy cock...but thanks fella.