Why become a member? ×

1988 Warwick Streamer Stage II 4 string

spacecowboy

After buying my new Dingwall I have completely converted to the Canadians and fear that this is far too nicer and expensive a bass to perhaps become second best and sit redundant.

For sale is my Warwick Streamer Stage II from 1988 a fantastic sounding and superbly playable bass, for a 22 year old bass it's in fantastic condition there is however a slight chip on the underside of the bass which is not visible when playing it's about 2mm squared I will take photographs tonight of this as it really is the only damage, the Afzelia is distinctly figured and the wenge neck is beautiful and dark with fantastic examples of the yin yang inlays, I'm sat on the train now so I will have to link to existing pics of it on the net and have these replaced tonight, any questions I will be glad to answer if you require a specific shot just let me know and I'll get it done, you're welcome to try it it's currently in Portsmouth with me, it will come with a Warwick gig bag, tin of very used wax, original straplocks, new set of Warwick bell brass frets that were included with the original sale of the bass and it's strung currently with a set of black beauties.

It's an amazing bass and has been my main bass for the past 5 years but my hearts with my Dingwall now and I can't afford to be flashy!

£1200 FIRM. no trades. Postage £15 or collected.

Cheers, Ben.

Images Updated. 05.05.10

Edited by spacecowboy

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='827752' date='May 4 2010, 06:46 PM']An '88 SSII is a 'lush' instrument indeed! I've owned a couple and played several more from this period and NONE have been anything less than stunning.[/quote]

Well said John, the basses of this era were incredible and this is no exception unforetunately I have moved to 5 string now and wish to just concentrate on getting the most out of my Dingwall.

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' post='828453' date='May 5 2010, 02:08 PM']Lovely looking bass.
Just to say that recently purchased a Stage I from Ben and he is a very decent guy to deal with, so buy with confidence.
Have a bump.
Jim[/quote]

Thanks Jim! Glad to hear your still enjoying that Stage I, never thought i'd sell that one never mind this one too! I must be mad!

[quote name='spacecowboy' post='828619' date='May 5 2010, 04:34 PM']Thanks Jim! Glad to hear your still enjoying that Stage I, never thought i'd sell that one never mind this one too! I must be mad![/quote]

That Dingwall must be some bass!
The Stage I is an absolute hit.
Cheers,
Jim

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' post='828821' date='May 5 2010, 07:05 PM']That Dingwall must be some bass!
The Stage I is an absolute hit.
Cheers,
Jim[/quote]

The Dingwall is fantastic, sounds nothing like a Warwick but has it's own unique charms!

just to say I have Bens streamer fretless, and I can personally recommend this bass having played it - in fact I want it TBH but I already own a SII from the Warwickhunts family reserve :) . ....furthermore as Jim quite rightly said Ben is a pleasure to deal with !

[quote name='andy b' post='829003' date='May 5 2010, 09:29 PM']just to say I have Bens streamer fretless, and I can personally recommend this bass having played it - in fact I want it TBH but I already own a SII from the Warwickhunts family reserve :) . ....furthermore as Jim quite rightly said Ben is a pleasure to deal with ![/quote]

Thank you Andy!

I hope the fretless is still performing well!!!

Just a bump to say this may or may not be off to France today but in case any one was just thinking about it, now is the time to strike!

[quote name='fretless bob' post='832696' date='May 9 2010, 11:51 PM']this bass is as old as me, and in beautiful nick!! good luck with the sale

Dave[/quote]

Thanks Dave, with a bit of luck its off to France today or tomorrow and i'm going to miss it big style its a fantastic bass the new owner should be ecstatic with it.