Why become a member? ×

Overwater EQ Question

NJE

Hello,

I am going to put a call/email in to Overwater at some point but I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with the Old and New EQ's in Overwaters?

From What I understand there have been two incarnations of the EQ and the older models have a slightly less agressive and less extreme EQ. My progress is about 8 years old and as much as I love it I do find it a little 'polite' and was wondering if the EQ had anything to do with this as I have the older version of the circuit.

I know that they will fit the new EQ in older basses but I was wondering what it sounded like in comparison, has anyone owned both or played side by side? I just want something with a bit more growl and punch if possible. As I said I will probably call someone at Overwater in the next couple of days but thought it was worth an ask on here.

Many thanks,

Nathan

Polite is quite a good way of putting it - I think Overwater refer to it as 'subtle but effective' - My 91 Perception is really light and a great player but as a rule I have everything fully clockwise to get a nice grunt out of it.

BB

ps never had any trouble getting a reply from Chris personally.

Edited by BarnacleBob

• 3 weeks later...

Give them a ring 01228590591 or else drop Chris a PM on here.. they alsways seem happy to talk to us (within reason - they do have work to do).
Sorry Chris if I've just inadvertently deluged your inbox by proxy!

Edited by hubrad

[quote name='hubrad' post='843415' date='May 20 2010, 06:57 PM']Give them a ring 01228590591 or else drop Chris a PM on here.. they alsways seem happy to talk to us (within reason - they do have work to do).
Sorry Chris if I've just inadvertently deluged your inbox by proxy![/quote]

Seconded on having no trouble contacting the guys at Overwater by phone. Always great guys to speak to.

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='823225' date='Apr 29 2010, 05:36 PM']I have a 2008 Perception and although a hi fi sounding bass the eq has plenty of punch. Hope you have better luck cotacting them than I do. I have emailed them 3 times over the past month with no response !![/quote]

I have a 2002 Progress and it's plenty aggressive but its solid maple all the way through so that might help.

If you want to borrow an MXR M-80 let me know mate.

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='823225' date='Apr 29 2010, 05:36 PM']I have a 2008 Perception and although a hi fi sounding bass the eq has plenty of punch.[/quote]

I had the same 2008 Perception and I couldn't get on with the sound at all. I much prefer the "bull in a china shop" school of bass bottom end and the OW was much too ladylike. I can see it being great for funky stuff and playing up the dusty end though. Horses for courses :)