Why become a member? ×

Modulus Flea - NOW WITH PHOTOS!

Waldo

Really really pains me to let this go but it's been sitting in its case for a while and it just doesn't get the use that it deserves

2005 Model, with all the extras. Blue flake paint + matching headstock, Bartolini pickup, Aguilar OBP-1 preamp and badass bridge (which DOES NOT come as standard, please don't tell me it does!).

I'd say that this is in 'players condition' Its had regular use but I've always looked after it, there's the odd mark here and there as you'd expect on a bass that has been used. There is one particularily large ding on the bottom of it which i'll photograph and show.

This is an amazing bass, and a real head turner!

Looking for £1100 for this. If you're looking for a flea bass, save yourself the 1-year waiting list and buy this one! :)

Now for some pics! It being so sparkly makes it rather difficult to photgraph so apologies. I had planned on taking the photos outside in some nice daylight but there hasn't been any nice daylight and I don't think there's going to be.

I've attempted to photograph some small nicks on the headstock but it's really hard. There's one right on the edge of it in the middle of the photo but it's very hard to see.

This last picture shows the most 'major' bit of damage to it:

Any questions, please ask!

Edited by Waldo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='105983' date='Dec 18 2007, 03:33 PM']I played this bass a while back and I was really impressed with it - it played and sounded fantastic. If I wasn't such a bald, fat miserable middle-aged tw*t I'd buy it but it'd just look wrong on me. Have a bump on me Chris.[/quote]

Go on Homer, as far as I can tell, a Modulus is one of the few brands you've yet to own :)
Chris

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='106055' date='Dec 18 2007, 05:03 PM']There's still time for me to own a Modulus Chris but this one's a bit too glittery for me :)[/quote]

Buy this one and I'll trade you my silver model! Im too stupid to realise I cant pull off glittery blue yet!

[quote name='Beedster' post='106892' date='Dec 20 2007, 09:19 AM']Don't understand why this isn't selling. I'd put it back on the bay - mine sold BIN within an hour of my listing it. If you offer to send to Europe - where they're clearly in short supply - it'll go real quick :)
Chris[/quote]
didn't know you sold yours chris, I was off basschat for a few weeks,I'm really intrested in a flea,I have an early rumour only thing I'm worried about is would the flea live up to the reputation of the rumour?

[quote name='Beedster' post='106892' date='Dec 20 2007, 09:19 AM']Don't understand why this isn't selling. I'd put it back on the bay - mine sold BIN within an hour of my listing it. If you offer to send to Europe - where they're clearly in short supply - it'll go real quick :)
Chris[/quote]

I've already tried and it didn't sell. First I tried it with a BIN of £1000 and got nothing. Then I put the price down to 99p with a reserve and it still didn't sell.

Bah.

[quote name='Waldo' post='107257' date='Dec 20 2007, 06:36 PM']I've already tried and it didn't sell. First I tried it with a BIN of £1000 and got nothing. Then I put the price down to 99p with a reserve and it still didn't sell.

Bah.[/quote]

Did you offer to send to Europe? Flea's seem to be rarer than octupus trousers over there :)

[quote name='owen3371' post='107243' date='Dec 20 2007, 05:54 PM']didn't know you sold yours chris, I was off basschat for a few weeks,I'm really intrested in a flea,I have an early rumour only thing I'm worried about is would the flea live up to the reputation of the rumour?[/quote]

Hi mate
Yep. sold mine, but not because it wasn't a great bass, but because I wasn't playing it. It was without question the most playable and sweet sounding of all the basses I've owned. As I've said many times before, there's stuff I could play on that bass I've never been able to play on another. I don't really know why I prefer my Precisions, I just do, and if I'm picking up a bass to rehearse or gig it will always be a Precision. I had the chance to buy a lovely old '73 so listed the Flea on ebay and it went within the first hour. I must admit, once it had sold, I immediately started to think I should keep it :huh:
I play mostly Motown/Blues/Soul so there was no point in using a Flea, it would be overkill. I used to play in a funk/rock chilis-inspired combo and were I still doing that, the Flea wqould have been indespensible. Horses for courses really. I know that one day I'll get a new gig and probably buy another, I just don't like having basses kicking around not being used, makes me feel like a collector and not a player :)
Owen, buy one mate, I've yet to hear anyone who has owned one say anything but positive things about them :huh:
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='107534' date='Dec 21 2007, 11:17 AM']Did you offer to send to Europe? Flea's seem to be rarer than octupus trousers over there :)[/quote]

Hmm, it's worth a try. I'm just a bit reluctant to re-list as it's already cost me a fair bit in fees.