Who can make me a Jazz bass body?

richrips

Hi everyone,

I want a jazz bass body made:

Ash
Lightish weight (but not too fussed..)
interesting grain (if possible)
1 or 2 piece (again not too worried)
70's pickup placement (Warmoth want to charge $45 for this. I think that's a ludicrous premium for moving a router half an inch south!)

I wondered if anyone on basschat could make a very very basic version of the above as cheaply as possible. Essentially i want someone to cut out a jazz outline and rout the neck pocket, pickups, and control cavity. No sanding or finishing, i'll do all that.

I reckon someone on here should have the materials and skills to do this fairly cheaply. i'm hoping to spend less than £100, which should be possible, since this should only cost parts (body blank £50 ish) and labour (10mins with a jigsaw and maybe a tad longer (hour?) with the router).

So that is the challenge!

Any Takers? Or any hot tips?

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='817349' date='Apr 24 2010, 05:15 PM']PM Howie 'the bass doc', he should be able to sort that for you... not sure of cost but a PM will give you a yay or nay! :)[/quote]

Warmoth make anything you like for the dollar

[url="http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Bass=1&Body=2&Spotlight=1&Path=Body"]http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowca...1&Path=Body[/url]

[quote name='whynot' post='817409' date='Apr 24 2010, 06:36 PM']Mike Walsh at Zoot made the the bodies for Fenders Mark King Jazz models I believe.
Would be a reasonable price I think plus pick your wood and facing if required.[/quote]

I was going to suggest him too - well worth a call.

Hey thanks for all responses thus far! Really helpful.

I shall get in touch with all those suggested fairly soonish and as soon as i've sold my sage green metallic jazz body i shall be putting in an order!

Also feel free to recommend anyone else, the more the merrier.

Thanks guys!

Rich