Why become a member? ×

OLP well modded Stingray £220

Sibob

Hi all
Continuing my little clearout I have my OLP 'Thing'Ray for sale!

It's a stock OLP Stingray (albeit with the decal rubbed off) with the following mods:
-Bartolini pickup
-John East 2-band, 18 Volt preamp, active/passive pull pot on the volume, parallel/series switch
-Schaller tuners

I'm not sure what wood the body is, it's a good weight, probably 9lbs ish but can double check. I would normally assume it's basswood, but I was under the impression that basswood had very little grain!?, and this has grain in abundance.

The body has some bumps and dings in line with a bass that has been heavily gigged, but nothing too serious, the lacquer is pretty thick!
The fingerboard could do with a little clean (I'm not really o fey with cleaning maple), it has some flame in it and some tiny flecks of birdseye on the headstock.

Nut width is: 42mm
String spacing at bridge is approx 18mm (string edge to string edge)

Think thats about it! :)
I have a rectangular hardcase that I'll include for £15

I will post, but I would prefer collection so that the potential buyer can look over the bass in person

I would also consider a part ex for an octave pedal, preferably a Boss OC2 or OC3......I would MAYBE consider an Orange Bass Terror as well, obviously with money from me....but that depends on another possible purchase in the pipeline.
[b]
More pics in post #13 below[/b]

Cheers
Si

[b]SOLD PENDING[/b]

Thanks Si!

Yeah, I think the battery rout, pickup and East preamp cost me £200!
So thats the Schaller tuners, and a bass for £20 lol

The East is lovely, actually the only active preamp I've ever gotten on with!

Cheers
Si

Some offers/interest here and there, but still available :)

I should mention that the neck width is similar to that of a Precision, fairly wide, but still very playable.
I can try and do some sound samples if you want, but my personal opinion is that by the time I've recorded it DI, you've streamed it as an mp3 out of your PC speakers, it's going to sound wildly different than plugged into your <amp brand>....but its your call. This is why I advocate trying it yourself

I'm in and out of London all the time btw, so thats not an issue if you're based that way

Cheers
Si

Bump for the following specs added to the OP:

Nut width is: 42mm
String spacing at bridge is approx 18mm (string edge to string edge)

and also extra pics of the case (should it be required), flame on fingerboard, headstock (sans decal), underside body damage (worst example on the bass), small impact in neck.

[b]I've had one or two people after the case on its own, this is a special £15 price if included with the bass, if the purchaser of the bass doesn't want the hardcase for that amount, I'll sell the case for £25[/b]

Cheers
Si