Why become a member? ×

GONE: Musicman Stingray 5 for new model US Fender Reissue US Fender or Lakland Duck Dunn

Old Horse Murphy

I recently acquired a November 2002 Musicman Stingray 5 in transparent purple, maple fingerboard, black pickguard and single Humbucker. It's in excellent condition apart from a small paint chip on the upper body (where the forearm rests) and comes with original case and all the candy.

It plays beautifully and I spent last weekend giving the neck a proper clean and oil so it plays very fast and smooth.

It's currently strung with a set of La Bella Flats.

Problem is, I just don't like the sound of active basses (when will I ever learn?).

I'm looking for a trade for a Fender US (new model) or Vintage Reissue 62 P or J bass or Lakland Duck Dunn.

I'll put pics up later on if anyone is interested, but it really is a beautiful instrument in a lovely colour. Just not doing it for me sonically though :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='808031' date='Apr 16 2010, 09:18 AM']I recently acquired a November 2002 Musicman Stingray 5 in transparent purple, maple fingerboard, black pickguard and single Humbucker. It's in excellent condition apart from a small paint chip on the upper body (where the forearm rests) and comes with original case and all the candy.

It plays beautifully and I spent last weekend giving the neck a proper clean and oil so it plays very fast and smooth.

It's currently strung with a set of La Bella Flats.

Problem is, I just don't like the sound of active basses (when will I ever learn?).

I'm looking for a trade for a Fender US (new model) P or J bass or Lakland Duck Dunn.

It really is a beautiful instrument in a lovely colour. Just not doing it for me sonically though :)[/quote]

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='809014' date='Apr 16 2010, 10:54 PM']If only this was a 4 string.
I cant believe your after another DD.[/quote]

A man of your talent would be more than able to cope with a tiny little B string Dave :)

Hope you're well mate. I 've just realised I never replied to your PM about Agents- sorry.

As for another Duck Dunn? Yep, another one I regret letting go of!!

Im well thanks, hope you are.
No problem about the PM, i had forgotten all about it anyway.

After going through a bad phase with the DJ5 im happy with just the 4 strings at the moment.
Im struggling with my Ray34's wider string spacing/neck as it is.

It seems like after each gig with the Ray34 i decide to sell the DD and stick with the Ray34 and/or get a sterling or a 2EQ SR4, possibly even a Slo but then i pick it up and smile when i play it. The DD is such a nice instrument.

I doubt ill hang on to it till the end of the year but i really dont want a 5 string at the moment. I just need to get a few more gigs under my belt with the Ray first before i make a final decision to get rid of it.

Good luck with finding one.

Edited by dave_bass5