Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD!!! Immaculate EB MM Stingray 3 Band EQ in Natural w/maple board. Immaculate EB Hardcase incl. 10/10 condition.

Musicman20

NOW SOLD

Cannot believe I'm even thinking of selling this!

This bass has only ever been owned or played by me.

10/10 condition, fitted with medium gauge elites with plenty of life left in them. Weight is LOW....I do not have scales but compared to a Fender (all three of them I have here) its lighter. Im guessing no more than 8.5lbs.

No marks or signs of use. No fretwear, perfect maple board. Guaranteed! Chrome is nice and sparkly, even the neck plate is unmarked. IF im being very picky, which I am, the square chrome plate on the underside for the jack plate could do with a buff up, purely because the air has taken away some of the shine. Its a very small area mind. The chrome itself is absolutely spot on.

Again, I cannot stress how perfect the condition is. It looks exactly like a brand new one! There are no marks at all on this bass.

As it's such a perfect condition, with the official Musicman hardcase (which AGAIN looks unused), £820 picked up or £850 posted with £750 worth of insurance and next day delivery. If you know of a better price for postage and/or want to book it yourself, please feel free and its just £820. Payment would be through bank transfer and sent the next day after the cash is received. I would communicate every step for you and make sure it is very well packed. My feedback thread is in my signature.

The prices of these new are around the £1200 mark - [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Music-Man-Stingray-Bass-3EQ---NAT-MN~ID~12961.asp"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~M...MN~ID~12961.asp[/url]

PM me if you want to make an offer. This bass is in STUNNING/showroom condition...hence the higher price tag than normal 'second hand' Rays. It also has one of the nicest Natural finishes ive seen, and this finish costs more on the Rays.

I'm based in the North East if you want to pick it up or indeed just test it.

Currently has a fast low action :)

Reason for sale? Possible Stingray 5 string order. If for any reason I can financially keep it and buy a Ray 5, ill withdraw.

Cheers!

SOLD

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='tom1946' post='806786' date='Apr 15 2010, 07:19 AM']Cor that's nice guv!

(how much is the stool?) :)[/quote]

Cheers. The woman would kill me if I even thought of selling it hahah. They arent that expensive though...and very comfy for practicing. Plus, looks cool.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='806882' date='Apr 15 2010, 09:52 AM']Another one bites the dust. Ill hold out for your Classic lol

Another good shot Gareth but you need to up the ISO or use a tripod. Its a bit blurry :-)[/quote]

I know....I really doubt ill end up selling this now Ive re-thought about it this morning. Its a beauty and is a very nice low weight. I agree, its blurry...I need to learn how to use her camera properly hahah.

I should probably start just gigging it more and use the Classic for recording etc etc. I always wanted a 2 band and 3 band eq...so i should probably keep it. Ill leave it up for a few days then withdraw no doubt.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='807068' date='Apr 15 2010, 12:51 PM']I know....I really doubt ill end up selling this now Ive re-thought about it this morning. Its a beauty and is a very nice low weight. I agree, its blurry...I need to learn how to use her camera properly hahah.

I should probably start just gigging it more and use the Classic for recording etc etc. I always wanted a 2 band and 3 band eq...so i should probably keep it. Ill leave it up for a few days then withdraw no doubt.[/quote]

so how much do you want for the Classic then? Its only got 4 strings so its pretty limited. lol.
Ill start saving now shall i ;-)

Going OT a bit im thinking of getting a JE Retro 2 band EQ for my Ray34 if i dont sell it before my holiday. I can see the benefits of both 2 and 3EQ now and having this will allow me to change back and forth when i feel bored.

You say its got a low action, any chance you could measure that at the 12th fret. Im just curious as to what a low action means to you. Mines at 3mm on the E and G and i would like it lower but not sure i can do that without a bit more clank.

good luck with the sale if it gets that far.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='807097' date='Apr 15 2010, 01:13 PM']so how much do you want for the Classic then? Its only got 4 strings so its pretty limited. lol.
Ill start saving now shall i ;-)

Going OT a bit im thinking of getting a JE Retro 2 band EQ for my Ray34 if i dont sell it before my holiday. I can see the benefits of both 2 and 3EQ now and having this will allow me to change back and forth when i feel bored.

You say its got a low action, any chance you could measure that at the 12th fret. Im just curious as to what a low action means to you. Mines at 3mm on the E and G and i would like it lower but not sure i can do that without a bit more clank.

good luck with the sale if it gets that far.[/quote]

Im hoping after all the glowing reviews the Classic Ray 4 hits to spot and is a keeper for a lonnng time. As soon as they were announced I knew I had to have one. I was going to just sell the black ray and get a normal 2 band eq ray, but I figured I may as well get the Classic and have something different and special. Its instead of my initial idea of a custom bass....plus its a vintage white, birdseye maple, mutes, ec etc...mmm.

I'll measure the action in a bit for you..its nearby :)

It sounds fantastic. If i hadn't brought that bloody DJ5 last year i would be thinking very hard about one for myself now.
Im really getting hooked on the SR tone. Ill probably get rid of the DD soon now as i dont play it any more.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Jimelliottbassist' post='807376' date='Apr 15 2010, 05:05 PM']Hey have a bump!!! Let me know when you wanna sell that orange gear of yours!! lol Nice bass by the way![/quote]

Cheers Jim.

Dave - sorry I totally forgot to measure the action!

Little bump.

[quote name='Clarky' post='812327' date='Apr 20 2010, 10:47 AM']And on Hold again

Kidding! Congrats Gareth[/quote]

Cheers! haha. I am Ray-less when this one leaves :), but I do have their replacements to look forward to. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Jigster' post='812395' date='Apr 20 2010, 11:45 AM']will he? won't he? he will. :lol: yey![/quote]

It finally got sorted hahah! Now I think the courier is delayed though....