Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Totally Gorgeous

kevbass

Im not currently in a gigging band so a cheapy bass does me just fine for playing at home or the occasional studio jam with mates, however if I were to start gigging again then this bass would be the one I'd be purchasing right now, bit overpriced maybe? But what a looker :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Vintage-1978-OVATION-MAGNUM-I-Bass-EBONY-PRISTINE_W0QQitemZ320511845306QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4a9ffea3ba"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Vintage-1978-OV...=item4a9ffea3ba[/url]

Edited by kevbass

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='802068' date='Apr 10 2010, 07:52 PM']Thats a horrific asking price. They're less than a quarter of that price usually.[/quote]

Really? its that over inflated?! stone me! Well perhaps I wouldnt be buying that one after all :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='802068' date='Apr 10 2010, 07:52 PM']Thats a horrific asking price. They're less than a quarter of that price usually.[/quote]

Oh really.
I must keep an eye out.
If thats the case then its a lot of bass for not a lot of money.

I am also very interested in this and contacted the seller to find out what his best offer would be if this didn't sell. He said it was worth £1400 'every day of the week' but would take £1200 cash.

Still a crazy amount. I was shocked when the one previously mentioned that I was bidding on went for £820!! Surely not worth that but I had set myself a strict max bid of £800.. which unfortunately was not enough!!

I'd still jump for one (not the Magnum II, III or IV though) if it cropped up for a similar £800. I think they're well groovy and sound phat.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='802331' date='Apr 11 2010, 08:37 AM']I'd want to see a few more high res pics before I pulled the trigger... :)

I realise that one looks mint but I've seen a few going for 1/2 that price and I couldn't swear that they were the MkI model; is there much difference between models?[/quote]

The Magnum II has a very 80s slider EQ that is renowned for being quite noisy. The III and IV have a different, more 'marketable' body shape, and so are of no interest to me at all!! :rolleyes:

I was watching this one, with interest.
I've got a "1" in Cherry red and was looking to see if this one would sell,
in which case the market for these would be climbing. Not selling mine but
is always nice to know the values are holding.
Gone!? Looks like it's been withdrawn! :rolleyes:
Wonder what happened. :lol:
That was a VERY good example, not many like that! :)