Why become a member? ×

Top tip when switching to pedals from multi FX

steviedee

When changing from a multi FX unit to individual pedals, I find it good practice to put your daisy chain and all those wee connective leads, you spent all week waiting to arrive, in the fancy laptop bag purchased for that purpose and not leave them in the rehearsal studio to disappear into the great abyss :)

On the other hand when switching from pedals to multi FX i have found this weekend onstage, that its best to wear smaller shoes, instead of big boots, for the close together switches so that you dont trigger a massive synth sound instead of the nice dirty flanger spot effect you were after.

Edited by gafbass02

Oh! I feel for ya! - I also hate it when you spend ages deciding on a particular item, only to find that when it arrives it is the wrong size / doesnt fit / not suitable for the task - yet all the reviews said it would be!

I know it's slightly off topic - but I'm actually yet to see a Pedal Board that I like the look of for my few pedals. I spent a few hours today hatching a plan.. it may even make a build diary! - unless, by a strange turn of lucjk I see exactly what I have in mind out there already!

[quote name='gafbass02' post='799211' date='Apr 7 2010, 08:49 PM']On the other hand when switching from pedals to multi FX i have found this weekend onstage, that its best to wear smaller shoes, instead of big boots, for the close together switches so that you dont trigger a massive synth sound instead of the nice dirty flanger spot effect you were after.[/quote]

Yes, yes yes .... :)

[quote]I know it's slightly off topic - but I'm actually yet to see a Pedal Board that I like the look of for my few pedals. I spent a few hours today hatching a plan.. it may even make a build diary! - unless, by a strange turn of lucjk I see exactly what I have in mind out there already![/quote]

To me, the Pedaltrain Mini is the most beautiful pedalboard ever. It's the perfect size for a stage, light, easy to carry, easily configurable, looks swish, and the smaller size forces you to really think hard about which particular effects you need/will use, how you will use them, and how many you actually need/will use.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='799561' date='Apr 8 2010, 10:12 AM']To me, the Pedaltrain Mini is the most beautiful pedalboard ever. It's the perfect size for a stage, light, easy to carry, easily configurable, looks swish, and the smaller size forces you to really think hard about which particular effects you need/will use, how you will use them, and how many you actually need/will use.[/quote]
Seconded, I had one, it was ace. And pretty.