Why become a member? ×

Classic Series MIM Fender Jazz

tayste_2000

Bought this in 2002 pretty much the best fender I've played easily spanked the 75RI that was sat next to it in the shop.

It's been modded with a Badass II bridge, Hipshot De-tuner and rewired with American pots so it's volume, reverse blend (ala Sadowsky) and tone, then some nice chrome knobs on it as well.

Currently strung with Overwater flats, this is a really beautiful vintage sounding bass, I believe the pickups are the 60's custom shop one that come stock in these basses. The bass is mint condition except for one dent on the back and it's not really a dent as in it's not an indentation just a mark

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Edited by tayste_2000

Yeah think of it as if they made a RI in Mexico which I know now they do but this was basically a 62RI for 2/3's the price of a US one. So from what I understand it has the US 60's Custom Shop pickups in it, vintage frets, different neck profile, vintage reverse tuners that I've added a hipshot de-tuner to again reverse, the neck is also lacquered like a vintage jazz was.

As stated I rate this with US RI's it's easily better than any normal US Jazz I've played and this is still alot cheaper than the price I paid new not including the mods and the recent setup it had.

[quote name='tom1946' post='779687' date='Mar 19 2010, 01:46 PM']Do pardon me for asking but it seems a lot for a MIM Jazz, is it different in any way from the stuff that comes up here? (Apart from the bridge)

Does look gorgeous though :wub:[/quote]

These basses are fantastic, for my money equal to many USA models and in some respects (price!) superior.

Its a lot of bass for the money, and as far as I see them fairly rare to boot.