Why become a member? ×

Japanese non export Precison @@ Sold@@

OldGit

***** Both now SOLD *****

I have a Japanese Precision for sale
It's a [b]non-export Japanese market model [/b] which have been personally imported.
[b]I'd like £450 plus postage.[/b] No bass trades, thanks but try me with a stonkingly brillant customised valve amp for harmonica, a echo/reverb pedal or a cheap looper pedal :)

I have a full gallery of close up pics. Please PM me for a link.

So ... CIJ 1970's RI style. Japanese Pickup and hardware, 40mm nut. 8lbs. Gig bag.
Oli white/tort/rosewood. It should have a black plate for the full on Sid Vicious styleee. The tort plate is an aftermarket one.
Quite a lot of small dings and a lacquer chip on the rear of the neck. Nothing big or ugly. :rolleyes:
Please PM me for a full gallery.

Typical marks:

Sid in action

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='774953' date='Mar 15 2010, 09:23 AM']The sunburst one is the twin of my MIJ '62 RI mine also has an N0 serial. Mine's very light as well and I'm sure the body is alder. Sounds great with the stock pickup as well.

Good luck with the sale[/quote]

Thanks Michael.

Basswood is very much like Alder to look at, with a tight grain. I'm just assuming they are Basswood.
Not sure of the sonic characteristics of Basswood compared to Alder. So many variables, even between basses made of the same woods...
These both sound fine though.

[quote name='Beedster' post='775078' date='Mar 15 2010, 11:42 AM']What's the width at the nut on the '62? If it's a C-width I might be on your case :)[/quote]

Looking to give you Old Lady a rest now and then then Chris?

62RI nut is 42mm

70's style nut is 40mm

[quote name='OldGit' post='775109' date='Mar 15 2010, 12:10 PM']Looking to give you Old Lady a rest now and then then Chris?

62RI nut is 42mm

70's style nut is 40mm[/quote]

Ah, I was hoping it was a little fatter! Cheers mate

The Old Lady has an outing tonight. She may be old but she's a bit of a Helen Mirren, still looks young and still very much fit for purpose!

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='775142' date='Mar 15 2010, 12:39 PM']Ah, I was hoping it was a little fatter! Cheers mate

The Old Lady has an outing tonight. She may be old but she's a bit of a Helen Mirren, still looks young and still very much fit for purpose!

C[/quote]

More of a Suzie Quattro I'd say :)

No worries re the bass.

[quote name='silddx' post='775372' date='Mar 15 2010, 04:22 PM']Hello OG,

Fancy a straight swap - either one for this? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78975"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78975[/url]

Cheers,
N[/quote]

Sorry mate .. not really looking for trade at present.
Unless it's an outstanding harmonica valve combo :)

[quote name='hengushrh' post='777440' date='Mar 17 2010, 02:30 PM']Harmonica Valve Combo... Fender Champ..? It's a red knob and there would of course be some cash going your way... I'd be after the 70's ri, love 'em :0)[/quote]

PM'd