Why become a member? ×

Really shouldn't have got rid of that one.....

tonyf

Playing around with iMovie tonight and I've transferred some video from some old band DVD's.

Came across a gig I did with my band back in 2003. It was at Long Marston at a bikers bash, really really good sound due to the singer's mates on PA (all pro sound techs).

I was using my long sold 1990 Warwick Thumb NT 5 string and god, does it sound awesome. Really organic, loads of midrange honk and so articulate. Being a loud soul'y funk'y four piece, it just fitted perfectly with the whole tone of the band.

Having heard it again, just so gutted I'd sold it. I can't recall why I did but it was probably the usual story. New band, look/tone didn't fit etc. DOH!

Anyway, I'm sure there's been one of these threads but anyone else got "really shouldn't have let that one go" stories?

T

PS. Anyone got a Thumb NT 4 or 5 they wanna trade for a Modulus Flea (which I'll probably regret getting rid of in 18 months time)? ;-)

I've never regretted selling anything, but I do regret that didn't buy a 60's Precision in the 70's when they were much cheaper and two weeks ago I tested the best sounding amp I've ever heard, a Thunderfunk 750 and I didn't get it! I still don't understand why I said no. Maybe it was the price!!

Now I think back I feel terrible for selling my first pre EB stingray. I went all over the world with it and it kept me off the dole on more than one occcasion (such is pro playing)
I tried to buy it back for double its worth but the guys having non of it, but dosent play it :rolleyes:
ah well, I should have known what you get for 30 peices of silver!! :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='766083' date='Mar 6 2010, 02:29 PM']Don't go telling everybody how good they are, the used prices will go back up. :)[/quote]

Mine went for £725 if I recall...

I'd of been a happy buyer! I could have 3 and half of them for the price of my Overwater! lol