Why become a member? ×

Roscoe LG 3005. NOW TRADED!

bobpalt

THIS BASS HAS NOW BEEN TRADED, Many thanks Dan!

I really dont know why, but I keep having urges to learn 5 string bass, and a few months ago, bought this [size=4][b]Roscoe LG3005[/b][/size] bass, brand new from Mark at Bassdirect for £2,500 or so.

It really is the most beautiful bass I have ever owned, being, I was advised, a cancelled custom order to Roscoes, which explains why it has a translucent black back, with gold pinstripes and a high gloss finish, diamondwood nut and absolute top quality flamed maple cap. The fingerboard is spalted purpleheart, the neck is flat profile with 19mm spacing at the bridge, the body is small, heavily contoured and shaped, and its lightweight as well.

Custom Bartolini pickups and preamp are fitted, with straplocks, a fitted Roscoe branded hardcase and all paperwork. Its about a year old, and I cant stress how mint it is. Anyone who went to the Moffat Bass Bash will recognize it, as thats the only time its been out of the house, and it was well received by the 5 string players there. The tone is out of this world, its set up to play like a dream, but I cant get to grips with five strings no matter how hard I try!

I would really like to exchange or part exchange for an equal quality 4 string bass, preferably with leds on the neck, or would sell for £1,800 or so. I have owned 3 Seis in the past and loved every one, so would certainly be interested if one came up, or what have you in the same ballpark, but with one less string?

The specs are:

ROSCOE LG 3005 - Five string

• Ash Body, Flame Maple Top

• Maple/Purpleheart/Maple neck with contrasting stringers

• Spalted Purpleheart fingerboard

• 35" Scale - 24 fret

• Bartolini 3-band pre amp, Bartolini/Roscoe Pickups

• Black hipshot ultralight hardware

and fully fitted hardcase.

[attachment=43877:prs_067.jpg]

[attachment=43878:prs_065.jpg]

[attachment=43879:prs_064.jpg]

[attachment=43880:prs_066.jpg]

[attachment=43881:prs_062.jpg]

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='762105' date='Mar 2 2010, 07:05 PM']I love this bass - couldn't put it down :) Bob's an absolute gentleman too - so buy with complete confidence.[/quote]

Thanks Alan, for the kind words. Hope you are keeping well? Sorry I cant make the next Moffat Bash.

Cheers,

Bob

[quote name='Doddy' post='762481' date='Mar 3 2010, 02:32 AM']I hate it when people put Roscoes up for sale....I start to get twitches.

Do I need another Roscoe..................????[/quote]

I am afraid its an incurable disease. I want/need another 4 string Roscoe to go with my Century.........

Bob

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='762105' date='Mar 2 2010, 07:05 PM']I love this bass - couldn't put it down :) Bob's an absolute gentleman too - so buy with complete confidence.[/quote]

+1. I love this bass. If I hadn't just bought another I'd be after this Roscoe.

I've sold two Roscoes here are both buyers report much satisfaction. So far I've not had a mediocre or good Roscoe, all three have been 'blow my socks off' -quality basses.

That having been said, my (Roscoe, of course) Century VI satisfies my absolutely spoilt taste like no other and when I get[i] the same Roscoe Bartolinis this bass already has [/i] to replace the Nordstrands on it, I'd wager it can give me a better tone than the SKB I sold to Mark. Right now it's more like a hippie sandwich 6-string modern jazz bass, which would be great praise if it weren't for the fact that I don't really need that kind of tone now.

If someone's looking to get in to five-strings, Roscoe would be my first and last recommendation, out of all the basses I've had, from Spector to Wal to Smith to Dingwall to F-Bass to Sadowsky (metro) to Skjold. Skjold would be a close second.

Caveats: I've not had a Spanish Cedar Roscoe nor an ash-maple Skjold. Also, if Pete S were to alter the headstock just a smidge to better fit his otherwise excellent aesthetics... And of course, the versatility of Skjolds is incredible. Roscoes just have a signature tone that make me go mmmmmm.

Edited by nobody's prefect

[quote name='Sugden' post='763326' date='Mar 3 2010, 08:32 PM']This is a beautiful instrument, saw it in the flesh at the bash and it was stunning. If this had one less string I'd be all over it, but then you wouldn't be selling it![/quote]

1000000000000000% correct!