Why become a member? ×

Cort GB94

The Funk

I played one in a shop once and it was really, really nice. I think it may have been one of those "magic" basses that are set up perfect right out the box. Definitely nicer to play than any bass ive owned... thats a depressing though in fact! Anyway, I suppose that's not much use to you, It did however, sound magnificent!

I have a mint one and it's going up for sale next week.

The body is swamp ash and quite light, it's very easy to play and has all the right bits on it.

I'm selling as I've discovered Precisions.

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='760154' date='Feb 28 2010, 09:11 PM']I've got a Cort CQ4 and its the nicest bass I've played - just a really nice feel to it

I should also add that they seem to be seriously undervalued in the market[/quote]

+1

I've owned a C4 LTD, a Curbow Fretless and a B4 Fretless. All would have been great instruments even if i'd have paid twice as much as i did.

Liking the sound of all of this. The thing I like about the GB94 is that it seems a lot like a Jazz with the '70s-style rosewood board/blocks/binding and a J/MM passive/active pick-up/electronics set-up. I do like my Warwick Corvette 4 and my MIM Fender Jazz 4 but this may suit me better for my new side-project.

[quote name='mic mac moe' post='757323' date='Feb 25 2010, 05:25 PM']I've got the Cort C5H.So many features and incredible sounds. Get one soon!![/quote]

Just taken delivery of a matching fretless c4hfl from playback europe.You won't believe the price!!!!!! :)

[quote name='The Funk' post='754987' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:30 PM']I've seen a few of these around on various websites. Looks like just the job for me. Any experience of it?[/quote]

Hi Funk,

I've owned a Cort C4P for the last three years. I play Blues, Blues/Rock - the Cort has done me proud. Little while ago a bass player from another band had a go of it at the rehearsal rooms and he's seriously into Poppin' and Slappin'! I was gobsmacked at what he got out of it; his comments were very complimentary for the Cort so I'm another in favor of you going for it.

The only downside I see with Corts is the resale value, can't fault the build or versatility of them, very underrated Basses.

Oggy :)

--------------

• 1 month later...