Why become a member? ×

Sold

spinynorman

Here's a bass that will really get you noticed. Flawless white finish, classic Thunderbird shape and powerful pickups that leave guitarists trembling. Twin pickups with VVT controls; roll off the neck for deep growl, or roll off the bridge for a bit more bite. Alder body, very comfortable bolt-on maple neck, rosewood board. Strung with Rotosound Jazz flats and a spare set of roundwounds thrown in. Action is good, everything works.

Previous owner said it had been his backup bass and had very little use. I can believe that as there is scarcely a mark on it. The only thing is he put the extra strap button on the body under the neck, but he put it so close to the neck I couldn't get the straplock to work. So I moved it down a bit and you can see where it used to be. In normal use that is covered by the strap anyway. It's fitted with Schaller black straplocks, which are included, and it comes with a Ritter TBird gig bag, which gives it plenty of protection. Just one minor issue there - the main zip is fine, but the accessory pocket zips are sticky and tend to jam when closing.

I'd like to get around [s]£290[/s] £270 for it. Also might consider a trade of similar value, but it will have to be something P-bassish, or possibly hollow-body or les paul.

Pickup is available, I'm west of Stratford on Avon, about 30mins from J15 on the M40. Or will courier for £20 in the UK.

Pictures

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='Machines' post='759934' date='Feb 28 2010, 05:28 PM']Please keep opinions regarding price to PM.[/quote]

Agreed, however I kind of asked for it by the "what they've been going for" claim, which is only verifiable if you've been watching eBay every day for months. I've self-censored that out of my post, but I can't take it out of the quote attached to the post you edited, so could you take it out of there too ...

I'd be keen though I'd have to get rid of my '65 Framus Star bass - nice, but gathering dust at mine these days!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79135"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79135[/url]