Why become a member? ×

Aguilar bass cabs

CHRISDABASS

Hey

I already have an aguilar 2x10 but i really like the idea of their 1x12's! ideally i'd like to sell the 2x10 and buy 2 1x12's in the new white hot finish! but this would cost around £800 :)

so i thought about the option of keeping the 2x10 and adding a second hand 1x12! (a much more cost effective option)

so i wondered if any of you had tried running a 2x10 with a 1x12??

did you have good or bad results?

any advice / thoughts are welcome

Cheers

Chris

:rolleyes:

I do this atm with a GS12 with an SWR Goli jnr lll 2x10 for small gigs.
It is perfectly acceptable but the 2x10 is louder so hard to tell what impact the GS has. It takes a tad of the bottom
load but I have come to the conclusion that my way to go would be
2 1x12, and since I have the GS atm, then I will add another for a matched pair.
Might end up with DB12's though
Stick with my SWR rig of 2x10 and SoB 1x15 as SWR and a Jazz REALLY work, IMV.

2 2x10, either DB, or Berg.

I think the 12 and 2x10 from AG are more likely to be better matched than my SWR and GS.. same company and all, etc
It isn't bad by any means, but for the better gigs, I prefer the matched SWR cabs.

I have heard that 2 GS12 cabs sound so much better than the one but I am not convinced about a 12 and 10's

If you do add a 12 to 10's then I would think it might just be a transition..as it is for me.

I would always try cab mixtures before you buy.

I use a Bergantino AE112 with an AE210 sitting on top. Mixing the Bergantino's works for me but I have no experience with the DB cabs. In my opinion the fuller AE112 and the punchier AE210 work better together than individually in a band context.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='752790' date='Feb 21 2010, 01:56 PM']Well i guess i could always trade/sell the 2x10 on at a later date and get another 1x12?! hmmmmmm

Look how gorgeous the white hot ones are
[attachment=43198:products...db112_wh.jpg]

wow!!![/quote]

I must admit, and this is no reflection on what others may have found, but I prefer the Aguilar 'sound' over even more boutique manufacturers. They are the perfect blend of great looks, great build, awesome tone, smooth horn, great articulate performance, and the ability to do balls out rock/metal as well as jazz/blues and still 'fit in'. Not only that, but they are held with high regard throughout the bass world.

The white is cool....but get a cover!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='752795' date='Feb 21 2010, 02:01 PM']I must admit, and this is no reflection on what others may have found, but I prefer the Aguilar 'sound' over even more boutique manufacturers. They are the perfect blend of great looks, great build, awesome tone, smooth horn, great articulate performance, and the ability to do balls out rock/metal as well as jazz/blues and still 'fit in'. Not only that, but they are held with high regard throughout the bass world.

The white is cool....but get a cover![/quote]

yeah if i go for it i'll def get matching covers!!

oh man for the first time in a while i have serious GAS!!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='752795' date='Feb 21 2010, 02:01 PM']I must admit, and this is no reflection on what others may have found, but I prefer the Aguilar 'sound' over even more boutique manufacturers. They are the perfect blend of great looks, great build, awesome tone, smooth horn, great articulate performance, and the ability to do balls out rock/metal as well as jazz/blues and still 'fit in'. Not only that, but they are held with high regard throughout the bass world.

The white is cool....but get a cover![/quote]

Spot on, every word of it.

I have a black on listed in the for sale section if anyone fancies it.

I agree about the Aguilar sound and three of my favourite players use Aguilar; Nathan East, Willie Weeks and Paul Turner. I had 2 GS112's and they sounded great but if I was in your position I'd have a listen to 2 DB210's. I think they would make a fantastic noise.